Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chewy breakfast foods besides bagels?

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I think you did amazing. I have not yet learned to control my short temper. I know I need to. Good luck with the thumb sucking.

karen

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

ChristineS- What worked for us to finally stop Dd's thumb sucking was for the dentist to tell her (in great detail) about the "training implement" he would put in. Basically it's a grate that goes across her back teeth and makes thumb sucking very uncomfortable. He also told her the price (about $1K) and how long she'd have to wear it (6 mos-1 year). All this BEFORE braces!! Then I proceded to tell her all the things she'd have to go without to make up for the $1k for the trainer due to thumb sucking. She went home that day and NEVER sucked her thumb again (and it's been 5 mos now with not one relapse). She understood the RETAIL aspect of it much better than any other argument we'd given her over the years.

Pepper- Will he eat oatmeal? They make those Oatmeal bars that are fairly chewy, or you could make homemade steel cut oatmeal, also very chewy. Also, go out and buy some ciabatta bread rolls. They're VERY chewy. Hope you find something.
    Ellen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2