Thread: How about bk recommendations

sbdeveney is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default How about bk recommendations

for Lauren to read - to help w/ self esteem issues.....that would be fitting and enjoyable for her to read (12 yrs/6th gr).

I have a bk called STRANDED which is about a girl named Koby, who has lost a limb but helps a stranded whale survivie.......

Anything else????

Loves,
    S

When my 10 year old god-daughter was struggling, I purchased some books from the American Girl Library. I also gave her a journal and a fancy pen and told her she was to write what ever she wanted and then share it with her Mom. I did not want it to be about secrets. The books and journal have helped alot.

Check out Amazon for a list of books.

-Robin
    A Mom to 2 Boys!

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by justour2boys
    When my 10 year old god-daughter was struggling, I purchased some books from the American Girl Library. I also gave her a journal and a fancy pen and told her she was to write what ever she wanted and then share it with her Mom. I did not want it to be about secrets. The books and journal have helped alot.

Check out Amazon for a list of books.

-Robin
    A Mom to 2 Boys!
    I agree with the AG series - they have a lot of good self esteem books, even if they don't deal with disabilities. My neices (8-14) love them.

Hugs, it must be so hard for you and her!

midebbie is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

http://www.helpinghandsgroup.org/

Helping hands foundation has some books listed on their website. I havent read any of them yet myself, but they might be helpful to you.

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Have you checked out

www.Chinaberry.com? They have a great catalogue also, but on the website you can browse by topics such as "coping with difficult times" and "female heroines." They have some interesting reads for all ages.
    Best of luck!
    Ann