Thread: Vinyl Lunch boxes and Lead contamination...

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Vinyl Lunch boxes and Lead contamination...

this is a link to a post on the Parenting After Infertility Board... The post contains a link to the story on a CNN site as reported by the Associated Press today.... <a href="http://www.inciid.org/cgi-brd/getmsg.pl/4/9400">Lead-laden lunchboxes OK'd by government</a>

very disturbing to me too! I used to carry my kiddos baby food and SPOONS in a vinyl lunchbox made in china... and now at pre-school age, my special needs child has taken a vinyl lunchbox to school and used it to carry his food AND eat off of (eventhough his food was first placed in a baggie)... so angry that the "Consumer Product Safety Commission" can make judgements (and OBVIOUSLY poor ones at that) on the "appropriate" use of a school lunchbox...

argh!!!! and (((hugs))) to anyone else who may have inadvertantly exposed their child to unneccessary lead...

I didn't even KNOW lead was used as a binding property in some vinyls... and to top that off, that there are alternatives!

hope this helps some more people, Laura

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I recently heard about this too

I'll need to go and read the article again....

Let me know if you find any good lunch boxes. There are some lead free ones out there but I don't have any experience with any of them.

Thanks!

Susan