Thread: I almost forgot our 2nd big breakthrough this weekend!

Christine S Guest

Default I almost forgot our 2nd big breakthrough this weekend!

Ansley ate 2 bites of potato. It may not seem like much, but this is the same child that screamed hysterically when her sis put mashed potato on her tongue (I had to wipe it off her tongue...she wouldn't even spit it out). She has NEVER eaten one little bite of it in her life.

She took the first bite...did her usual shudder at the texture, but I watched and she continued chewing. She swallowed (no gagging) and declared it yummy. I was so shocked you could have knocked me over with a feather. She then went on to finish the 2 small bites we gave her. Didn't want more, but I was good with what she ate already.

Hopefully this means we're making progress on the food front too. She's not horribly picky and does eat a good diet overall, but there have been some definite textural issues for her. I'd love to be able to plan a meal and not have to work around what she likes/dislikes.

C

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

That is so great. Faith use to do that with the tongue too. I would have to wipe things off her tongue. She still takes her hand and wipes things away that she deems not good.

I hope this is just the beginning for her eating.
    karen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Fantastic!!

I can totally relate as I have gone through much like this with Savanna. I'm so happy for Ansley and you!

Also, great news about Ame and her meds! Learning to cope with what we deal with, that's what will help us all make it through!

Susan

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

yay Ansley

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Yay, Ansley!

I can relate with the sensory and food issues... that is terrific that she LIKED it too! that is progress that she FINALLY allowed herself to "taste" it!!!

Laura
    Christian who had to have feeding therapy (and now is a non-stop eater)... and Nick who still gags at mushy foods and will not eat them...