Thread: Good article about signs of dyslexia for

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Good article about signs of dyslexia for

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thanks, you know I'm interested!! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Christine S Guest

THanks Suzi. Interesting that Tobin has many of the symptoms...but then the ones he doesn't have he is doing very well with.

I was just explaining to a couple friends at a party Sat night that Tobin has difficulty with names. One of their boys (both he knows very well) he called "D's son" and the other "That blonde boy with the blue shirt".

C

peanutgallery is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

People should also beware of "stealth dyslexia" as my son has, he had no trouble with language and was a very early speaker (and prolific...er, endless...) and although I saw him writing many backwards things (and not being able to tell, usually) when he was in school I got the "he'll grow out of it" talk. @@

Turns out his form is really different--he doesn't transpose letters as in the most common form, he often skips entire words. Now that he's aware of it he's more careful, but it's still easy to skip them once in a while--and occasionally the word he skips changes the entire paragraph's meaning. Since his reading is so above grade level, the schools never would've done a thing about it.