Thread: Interactive Metronome Experience? (m)

zmaditto is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Interactive Metronome Experience? (m)

http://www.interactivemetronome.com/im/cli_add.asp?mn=1

We're considering trying this to help ds with some suspected (indicated in tests but not yet officially diagnosed) attention and processing issues. Does anyone have experience with it? Results?

TIA!
    Lisa

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

we know several who use it for motor regualtion. they swear it helps. we dont have a therapist close enough with traffic here to try it out. its on my "when i have more time and energy" list to try for ds. he loves the tick/tock of clocks and we have always found that it calms him...so we think the IM would be of help for him too. hugs

Thanks Mickey. The lady who evaluated ds really raved about it...said she even tried it and it really improved her tennis game. LOL I'm surprised no one on this board has tried it. Oh well. I think we're going to give it a try and we'll come back with a review for you folks.

Oh, and Mickey, we're getting a take home program. We'll be trained on how to use it and then sent home with the equipment/program to do the sessions ourselves (15 one hour sessions). Maybe you could get a take home program from your closest provider so you don't have to drive back and forth to IM therapies all the time. I also read on the internet that the Dance Revolution video game should work the same part of the brain that IM does. So, if you have a music lover maybe that would be a doable alternative.

Thanks again...I'll update once we've gotten set up & have had a chance to use/observe changes.

Lisa

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

youre welcome for the feedback. funny you mention dance revolution as we have been debating on getting it. my biggest problem with home therapy stuff is after 4.5yrs of doing a home program....we are just worn out and have taken a break from overseeing one. hugs

Default We are in the same place as Mickey2...

I am familar with the program as it was recommended for my DS, but right now we don't have the time or $.. and he won't do the dance program.

My DS was dx with APD (auditory processing disorder) in 2 years ago and he went thru a listening program (Tomatis) then an extensive summer program at Lindamood Bell. Then the "other shoe dropped" last year and he was dx with a visual processing disorder, so that meant a 14-week program with daily eye exercises.

So needless to say, right now he just needs some time to be a kid and re-built his self-esteem and confidence. I am hoping maybe next year we can try it as he still struggles with slow processing.

-Robin

Do you mind if I ask how the APD manifested itself in daily life/school? Did your ds zone out at school? Ds zones out (only at school) and I'm trying to figure out if that's a way of coping with APD or if it's an attention thing.

TIA
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by justour2boys
    I am familar with the program as it was recommended for my DS, but right now we don't have the time or $.. and he won't do the dance program.

My DS was dx with APD (auditory processing disorder) in 2 years ago and he went thru a listening program (Tomatis) then an extensive summer program at Lindamood Bell. Then the "other shoe dropped" last year and he was dx with a visual processing disorder, so that meant a 14-week program with daily eye exercises.

So needless to say, right now he just needs some time to be a kid and re-built his self-esteem and confidence. I am hoping maybe next year we can try it as he still struggles with slow processing.

-Robin