Thread: getting anxious about thursday

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default getting anxious about thursday

thursday is jacob's official eligibility meeting. the dev. psych. seemed to imply that he could qualify even though she said she couldn't guarantee it because she is just 1 member of the committee. Another evaluator seemed to imply the same thing to me. Dh didn't think the report sounded like a slam dunk. So now I'm stressing.

He has been crazy lately. Just wound to the hilt. We had him on claritin for allergies but think its causing him and his twin to uncontrollably pee in their pants. So for Jacob we stopped the claritin for a week but he suffered badly from allergies then. So we started Zyrtec today. He was wild except when he was with me 1-1.

There are so many days where I feel like I'm failing him. That if I could just find the strength to do more for him or think of the thing that would make him feel better it would help.

A positive, twice in 2 days he told me that he needed to go do heavy work. Blew me away the first time but then he did it again the next day. I was really proud of him. Today I took him to the stone yard with me and he and I loaded 220 lbs of stones in the car, one at a time. Hows that for heavy work.

just had to share my nervousness so hopefully it won't plaque me all night.
    karen

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Deep breath, calming thoughts...

I'm thinking ++++ for you that everything will go well thursday! How can it not?

BTW, you are a great and caring mom! I think you are doing everything right to help him. I know how anxious it can be waiting and waiting and waiting some more. I hope everything falls into place soon about how to help him best and then you'll hopefully see more consistent results, esp as he ages a bit.

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Karen, I know you are stressed!

That would stress me too, the waiting and not knowing. Hang in there and good luck. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you too.

You are doing so much for your kids and it has been so hard. I can imagine that you are being hard on yourself, but try as much as you can to be easy on yourself. It is not an easy task that you have on your shoulders.

HUGS....

Susan

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Good luck. I was a wreck before ours. But it turned out OK.

Go in with clear goals of what you want and don't let them dissuade you.

Restless is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Deep breaths!

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlc
    thursday is jacob's official eligibility meeting. the dev. psych. seemed to imply that he could qualify even though she said she couldn't guarantee it because she is just 1 member of the committee. Another evaluator seemed to imply the same thing to me. Dh didn't think the report sounded like a slam dunk. So now I'm stressing.

He has been crazy lately. Just wound to the hilt. We had him on claritin for allergies but think its causing him and his twin to uncontrollably pee in their pants. So for Jacob we stopped the claritin for a week but he suffered badly from allergies then. So we started Zyrtec today. He was wild except when he was with me 1-1.

There are so many days where I feel like I'm failing him. That if I could just find the strength to do more for him or think of the thing that would make him feel better it would help.

A positive, twice in 2 days he told me that he needed to go do heavy work. Blew me away the first time but then he did it again the next day. I was really proud of him. Today I took him to the stone yard with me and he and I loaded 220 lbs of stones in the car, one at a time. Hows that for heavy work.

just had to share my nervousness so hopefully it won't plaque me all night.
    karen
    Bring all your notes and reports, and don't forget that *you* and DH are equal "team members" with the staff. If they give you a hard time about the services you are requesting, back up it up with your doctor notes etc. Also, you can refuse to sign the EIP as well as contest it.

My DS had a terrible side effect from Singulair - was impulsive, ticking, and unable to speak. It disappeared when we stopped the Singulair. I was reluctant to try Zyrtec, but so far he's been on it for months without a problem. Contact the Ped if the side effects are creating problems - perhaps they can try something else.

Take a hot bath - sounds like you are going to be sore tomorrow from lifting all those rocks!

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Restless

How long did it take before you saw improvement from allergies with Zyrtec? He is on day 2 and it doesn't seem to be helping him at all. Is it like Allegra where it has to build up in their system.

Dh wants me to stop all antihistimine because he thinks its causing a lot of the current behavior but I'm not sure its a good idea.

I also ordered the vest from Southpaw. Hope it comes quick.

thanks
    karen

Restless is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I don't remember exactly how long the medication took

to work, but it didn't take long. It was probably more than 2 days though.
    I know that doesn't help you much right - sorry.
    Glad you were able to get the vest - I know it will help your DS a lot!

GL and let us know how the meeting goes.

BW

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Karen, I'll be thinking of you! Stay calm and focussed. and

don't feel like you have to sign the IEP if you disagree with the recommendations!

Many hugs! N