Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I can't believe it! I have two cataracts - 1 in each eye!

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default The surgery has come a long, long way since then. now it's

an hour (if not really 15 minutes) procedure, and you're up and at them quickly. Except, no heavy lifting till the stitches heal (that can be up to 8 weeks, Leela's surgery is probably in mid-July, I'm cutting it close). I'm going to have the surgery with the doctor who invented the "latest" technology for operating on cataracts. So, I feel I'm in very good hands. Phew!

Thanks Charlotte!!! I'll need the prayers! : ) Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Teryn
    So sorry about all this. As I recall, when my mother had cataract surgery she was out of work for about a week with not too much moving about. We'll keep you in our prayers.

HUGS,
    Charlotte

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Glad you have such great doctors! I really had no idea of the

connection! I truly hope it doesn't happen to your girls...I think what I have is rather rare, to be honest. and, I'm not 100% sure it's due to steroids.

Sincere thanks for your kind thoughts! I have to say, I wish I lived near everyone on this board, could you imagine the support system we'd all have? Mom power, lol!!

Hugs!! and thanks! Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by anniemc2000
    I'm sorry you have to deal with this too. They have us bring my girls regularly to the eye doctor because they are on so many oral steroids.
    Hope all goes well for you and Miss Leela! Wish I lived closer to help you out.
    Hugs,
    Ann

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Oh I am so sorry to hear this! Big hugs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2