Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you have non-SN kids...

mrd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I struggle with this too...

I feel like most of my efforts go into getting my DD under control and working on her issues. My DS is so easy that sometimes he does get ignored. But on the other hand, when DD's issues are flaring up, I'd much rather spend time with him than with her. (this is hitting home recently because she has been very difficult and I just don't really want to be around her.) I am lucky in that DD is older and goes to K five days a week. DS is in daycare four days a week. So we always have Fridays together alone which I think he really needs.

It's very hard to find a balance.

Syd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default When issues flare up...m

in our home either dh or I take dd out of the house. Seeing ds flip out really freadks dd out.

Anita

Quote Originally Posted by mrd
    I feel like most of my efforts go into getting my DD under control and working on her issues. My DS is so easy that sometimes he does get ignored. But on the other hand, when DD's issues are flaring up, I'd much rather spend time with him than with her. (this is hitting home recently because she has been very difficult and I just don't really want to be around her.) I am lucky in that DD is older and goes to K five days a week. DS is in daycare four days a week. So we always have Fridays together alone which I think he really needs.

It's very hard to find a balance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2