Thread: so frustrated, they came to observe jacob

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default so frustrated, they came to observe jacob

today in his classroom in action and he was great. they did an big art project and he loves to do the cutting and gluing so he was totally on. She said she saw a small amount of the attention & aggression but nothing like lets say yesterday was. She also thought his fine motor and gross motor were on level. I don't agree with that either.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

The IEP meeting is set for next Tuesday and she is going to work on the goals/IEP over the weekend and will email it to me.

So thankfully the insurance has upped Jacob's OT back up to 1 hour a week. I've also scheduled an evaluation for him with a social skills therapy place. Thats June 14th and I'm really hoping that he can get into the 6 week summer program although we might send him to the 36 week school year program as well.

I'm not banking on the county now after today. And of course she saw hardly any sensory stuff. They did the things he engages in the most.

karen

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

It's so frustrating, isn't it, when people take 1 hour and pretend that it's representative of their behavior all the time. I've had this happen to me more than once.

Do you have statements from the preschool as to his "normal" behavior? These should count for much more than a 1 hour observation, I'd hope.
    Ellen

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Can you ask them back?

Ellie was evaled by the school psych and she couldn't find anything wrong with her that day. I requested she come back, she did and we would up with a full blown autism diagnosis on our IEP. It was frustrating, to say the least.

Good luck, I am thinking of you.

mrd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default That happened to us too...

DD had a full eval through the school district one time (even though she wasn't school age) and she was on her best behavior and displayed none of her issues. I kept telling them this was not her "normal." They did take my comments seriously, however, but could not provide her any services because it had not effected her cognitive abilities or learning.

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default that has happened to us too...more

i had a therapist very early on tell me to keep ds up all night prior to any evals, and any other form of "sabotage" i was comfy with so he would have the worst possible eval. i still do that to this day. afterall, im not paying for $$ for the good days. im $$$$ for help on how to deal with the bad days and they need to see them in full gory detail...imho. hugs

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

that is so funny. he has a horrible day on monday and then was good on tuesday. unfortunately i can't ask them to come back because the school is closed until tuesday and tuesday is the iep meeting. so we will see how it goes. Whats funny is jacob's teacher knows the lady who came to do the observation. their daughters are friends so apparently they talked quite a bit about him but of course its not the same. She didn't really see any of his issues, fine motor, gross motor, social emotional - nothing.

Today was my nephews big day, his bris, he is 8 days old today. My kids were beyond incredible. i couldn't have paid them to be better behaved. thank goodness for days like this. it makes the hard ones so much more bearable.

karen