Thread: Just found out that Jacob qualifies for summer

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Just found out that Jacob qualifies for summer

school because his IEP was signed before school ended. I don't know more than that yet. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out more hopefully. I'm so surprised but happy. This could be a very good thing for him. The only problem is I would hate for him to miss camp and all the swimming and things they are going to do. Reuben and Faith will be at camp so I have to think about that.

karen

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Sounds great fun! Enjoy YOUR little break, too!
    Ellen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I hope it ends up being just what he needs!

Maybe if he misses out on some of the fun stuff, you can make a point to go swimming with the kids at other times so he can participate.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Susan

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default We do summer school

Last year, dd started the program in July, at 2 years 9 months. It actually was a great transition for her. She had the same therapists, friends, and teacher that she had in the fall, but it was summer so a little more laid back and slower-paced.
    She'll go again this year. Ours is 5 weeks, July into the 1st week of August, so this year I knew to plan older dd's activities around that time, and we still can have some family time away in August.
    Keep us posted- how did everything go with Faith?
    Ann

This one is only 4ish weeks I think. I don't even know so I guess he would still have camp too before and after.

Went well with Faith today. Thanks for asking. She is going to get her tonsils out on July 12th. While she is under he is going to reclean all of her sinus cavities. The ones behind her cheeks have stuff in them. Thankfully the rest were clear. But he did find that some of the other cavities have bone growing in them but they are clear. So he is going to fix it so its a clear empty cavity like its suppose to be. They said recovery will be between 1-2 weeks. Hopefully less but who knows with what he is going to do.

karen

hashe done camp before? Was it successful for him? Many of the kids that I have in my summer school progarm would not be able to function in a camp type situation where they were part of a large group of children with one or two counselors. If it is something that would be successful and fum for him and would out weigh the benfits of summer school than maybe you could figure something out, but summer school could also be looked at as something especially for him that his brother and sister dont get to do!

I think its wonderful that you have options for him!!

Yes he did it last year. It was successful but things have gotten worse this past year. I'm not sure how its going to go. It was challenging for the teachers last year but do able. I was hoping with the swimming they do and other play that he might be able to do it. I like your spin on summer school. I'm going to have to use that in the fall too when he goes to school after preschool ends.

i'll post more when I know. Thanks so much
    karen