Thread: what brand of probiotics do you use?

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default what brand of probiotics do you use?

i've been giving the kids nature's way kids chewable ones. no idea if they are any good or not. there is such a positive change in jacob lately and it is one of the few changes i've made besides school ending. although i've tried some modified behavior things with him.

karen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I use a powder

Jarro-Dophilus and just put a 1/4 or so in juice or apple sauce, etc.

I saw your question about Threelac (that was you wasn't it?) being a pro-biotic and the way I understand it is that it is more than a pro-biotic. It has stuff that kills the yeast and then it's a good idea to take some more to put good stuff back in, but you don't have to.

"Probiotics are a good thing. We even recommend using Flora Five (or other probiotics) along with Threelac to repopulate the colon after Threelac starts clearing it out. (Threelac was not developed to repopulate the colon with "good" bacteria. It's mastery is destroying fungus). "

Susan

Culturelle... it was recommended by the pedi gi. It contains lactobacillus gg, which stands up better to acid in the tummy.

where do you get it? how is it given?

thanks
    karen

its over the counter but you need to get the pharmacist to order it. Its capsules that you can break on food/jelly/jello/yogurt/applesauce. You might also be able to order online.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/049100364049.html

this is just to show you tge packagi

Can you give it any time of the day? right now I give their chewable at breakfast. I guess i could find a food that I could give it at breakfast. What do you find works best? Do they know its there?

Just curious. What made you start giving it in the first place? I started with faith because she was on antibotics all the time and was trying to boost her good bacterias. With jacob I just decided to try it and see if there was any positive effect. We've had a positive effect I just can't trace it to the probiotics.

karen

my dd has taken all sorts of sprinkles on her food sinxe she was 15 mos old. She took pancreatic enzymes on food 5+ times per day so she is waaaay used to it. I can put it in ketchup with her lunch, and even a spoonful of milk with her cereal..lol..just about anything. So I am no help there.

But I cant get her to take fish oil, go figure..lol

i can get fish oil in jacob. i just tell him its medicine and he drinks it. i think its gross though. we use either nordic natural orange or twinlabs cherry flavor type.

karen

I got the nordic naturals strawberry chewable littke liquid filled balls. I am going to get the straight up oil next time and stir it in her oatmeal or yogurt. I am taking the little balls myself now that my bottle of capsules is empty.