Thread: Jacob had first day of preschool sped. today

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Jacob had first day of preschool sped. today

The bus picked him up almost 10 minutes early. He was still eating breakfast but had enough by then so it was okay. We had to wake him up to get him ready but he was great. He got on the bus no problem and I drove the car to the school to meet the bus.

It took the bus almost 50 minutes to get to school. (the school is only 15 minutes from my house) It was actually late. The bus driver said she might have to pick him up at 7:15 to get them on time. There are 2 other kids she has to pick up. If she needs to move the time up I am just going to drive him in the morning and deal with it if dh is out of town.

He was good while waiting for all the kids to come. I couldn't tell how many kids were in his class though. Maybe 6 total with a teacher and an aide. Some what disorganized but it was the first day of summer school.

The bus took another 50 minutes to get to us and was 15 minutes later than they said it would be. But he got off the bus smiling and first thing he said was "mommy I got to ride bikes today". What more could he have asked for.

So at least he seemed happy. He couldn't really tell me much about the day but thats typical.

we will see how it goes. There are only 19 more days so it can't be that bad. then he goes back to camp for a week.

thats about it. he continues to do pretty good at home with everything.
    karen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default That sounds like a really good first day!

Congrats to you both! I hope it continues to go well and that he really enjoys his time there.

Susan

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Glad it went well!

Sounds like a good day! I find that sometimes I need to write a note to the teacher to get more specific feedback about the day, especially with summer school.
    I've been driving Y to school because her bus ride would be 60 minutes, (school is 10 minutes from us) and she tends to fall asleep in the car. She has 7 children in her class with a teacher, nurse, and aide, so ds's sounds about the same.
    Hope it continues to go well,
    Ann

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

That sounds like a very good first day! I'm glad it went so well for him!!

Default So glad all went well

It's bittersweet, isn't it? It's DS's second summer session but I still get nervous the first day. They seem like such big boys going off on the bus!!

Sounds like a great start! As long as he has that good association with bikes, I bet that he will stay happy.

Lisa

Reese14 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hey Karen...

Glad to hear everything went well.

I posted to you over on PAI. Faith's surgery is tomorrow, July 12th right? I seem to recall that date. Just wanted to say "good luck" and hope it goes well. (((Hugs)))

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thanks - yes its tomorrow. I'm nervous but excited.

karen

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Karen,
    congrats on the great first day!!!