Thread: well add anxiety to the list of DX here

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default well add anxiety to the list of DX here

The apple did not fall far from the tree....

Ella now has been dx as having an anxiety disorder.

If her eating and other issues continue, they suggest a SSRI (antidepressant). OMG, she is ONLY 3.

Anyway, MANY of her other issues are probably stemming from the anxiety issue in the first place.

Poor kid.

I have panic disorder and suffered greatly as a kid, teen, and young adult until medicated.

I do not wnat to give her medication yet though, 3 is too young isn't it?

I will though if she needs it when she gets school age.

just venting...
    -angi

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hugs

I think hearing any new diagnosis is difficult and always takes awhile to process. As far as the medication goes, I believe a child psychiatrist could help you figure out if that's an option at this age, what other options could be, etc. Is that who made the anxiety diagnosis?
    Before starting a medication, I would want to be well-informed about side effects, research on using it in children, and also what the expected benefits for her would be.
    Take care,
    Ann

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

gosh thats hard to hear im sure. my teen has anxiety isssues and we arent sure about mck. his seem to be more OCD than actual anxiety at this time.

as for meds, i know many IRL who treat their childs anxiety with herbs, yoga, relaxation music etc...in other words, working now to show their kid how to self relax/soothe w/o necessarily taking meds. (if they decide later in life not to medicate themselves, at least they have some skills to cope as one mom put it). hugs and good luck

mk Guest

Default Sorry you have so much going on...

I hope you find the answers on when and how to treat her for this.