Thread: Savanna's Seizure Meds

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Savanna's Seizure Meds

We are increasing her medication today. She is not responding as they would like to her current dosage and is still having seizures.

I picked her up from camp today and she had a 101 fever and a sore throat. I guess she has a virus of some sort. Better to get through it now than after school starts. She starts on 8/30 in pre-k at her sister's school.

I'm glad to have a week to watch her on the increased meds dosage in case she does not tolerate it. I'm nervous.

susan

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hope she does not have any side effects and that they work.
    How scary!
    Keep us updated on how it goes!

I jsut read an article about sleep and seizures. I am sure you have read about it all, but just in case, it said that even a small cut in sleep can cause a seizure.

I was reading because our neighbor's kid has seizures and the meds make him wild and he cannot sleep at night...so we were researching if melatonin was ok, and we could only find good things to say about seizures and melatonin. Do you know if it is safe?

Well, keep us updated!

-Angi

Default Our Pedi Neuro recommends

melatonin and I notice a huge positive difference in Savanna when she takes it. I give her 1.5 mg. a night but our doc recommends 3 mg. I'm nervous to up it so I'm taking it slow.

Good luck to your neighbor's son. The meds can be awful. Luckily the stuff Savanna is on so far has been good. Hopefully the increase will be too. Melatonin might help even him out. I would recommend trying it.

Susan

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hope she feels better soon....

and that you get the meds worked out.
    Ann

mk Guest

Default Hope she feels better soon!

It must be so hard to switch meds and then to be sick on top of that, and have school looming too! Wow, hopefully next week will bring a sigh of relief for you. I hope the new meds do the trick.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hope the increased meds help. Has the Pedi Neuro okayed the melatonin? Ours did not when Holt was on Keppra and Phenobarbitrol.

Default Thanks! Yes, our

Pedi Neuro OK'd and recommended that we use Melatonin. Considering how well she does on it, and his OK, I feel very good about it. I may increase her dose eventually, but for now, what we are doing is great. I wonder what would make one neuro say it was OK and another not?

Susan