Thread: Took DD to the dentist last week and...

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Took DD to the dentist last week and...

they were so helpful. She has issues with bright lights and everytime they would turn the overhead light on, she was thrashing about and out of the chair. Then the hygienist pulled out some sunglasses for her to put on. I thought that was pretty cool of them.

Restless is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I specifically take DS to a Pediatric Dentistry Practice

for that very reason - they have seen it all and done it all. It's always been a good experience for DS, and I always leave there feeling like every minute spent in the car getting there (an hour away) was worth it!

Default Ita

Quote Originally Posted by Restless
    for that very reason - they have seen it all and done it all. It's always been a good experience for DS, and I always leave there feeling like every minute spent in the car getting there (an hour away) was worth it!
    Thanks to recommendations from people on this board, and others, I took ds to a pediatric dentist last month. He didn't cry or fidget. It was so amazing!

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Yep, we bring Leela to a pediatric dentist, they have the

sunglasses, a mirror so she can watch everything, little toys presents for when she's good, and are super fast at when they do! They also explain everything they are going to do, so Leela has no surprises. She's had novocaine shots and fillings done - sat in the chair for 45 minutes! All because the dentist and her assistant talked her thru it!

It makes such a huge difference!

Glad your dd made it thru! Now, if they only had dentists like that for us, huh?

Nancy and Leela

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Really! I never get a toy when I go to the dentist! Where's the love for us adults who hate going to the dentist?!!! LOL