Thread: Abuse Update

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Abuse Update

(Last August Ella came home twice with fingerprint bruises on her legs/back and said the teacher had held her down "hard" on the nap cot)

Yesterday little Ella had her interview with a forensic psych and a detective - and a victim's advocate - all videotaped - the detective said it was possibly a good case but it is not up to him to decide - it is up to the DA of course.

The AMAZING and SAD thing is that the detective had never heard of abuse at this child care center before, except our case-- and 2 hours before our meeting with him someone else called in a case nearly EXACT to OURS from the same child care center!?!?!?!?!?! So, although we beat ourselves up for not going to the cops right when it happened, maybe we went at the exact right time because the detective said he was going to turn both cases in to the DA at the same time. (definitely a better chance of something happening)

This director who is so smug, so full of bs, had the NERVE to call the detective BEFORE we had even met him, or Ella had done her interview in an attempt to discredit us. (still not sure what she was going to say since we had a great relationship with the school/other teachers for 2+ yrs prior but she tried to act like we had something against the teacher when we had our meeting, or that it was me being nuts) He would not talk to her to hear her side until he met us and interviewed Ella.

Of course, the reason that the evil director knew we were doing this is that we sent a letter to the PRESIDENT of the college explaining how we had been ignored when we reported abuse and that the teacher who did it is still teaching, but now even younger kids. We could not live with it anymore. What if she hurts another kid?

Ella actually had a good time talking with the psych and the guy was great....apparently well known for dealing with kids and crime...and he said he enjoyed his conversation with her, that she was very matter of fact. She made him spaghetti and other food too. He did not think she seemed on the ASD scale. Of course, what he did not know is that she was calm and collected because she had just come from OT and a big lunch of her fave food.
    So, she pointed out the bruises on her legs and said that the teacher did it to her. She also admitted scratching the teacher.

Thanks for listening!
    -Angi

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I should say that she made him "pretend" spaghetti and other food. I also should mention that she poitned out the bruises on her legs IN THE PHOTOS we provided. She does not still have bruises.

-Angi

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh dear! I am so sorry your little one experienced all that! Most importantly though

you listened to her and kept her safe...and, as you said it is rather ironic that another complaint is being filed at the same time! The best part though is Ella had the ability to talk to the detective and explain to him what had happened! Very empowering for a kid!

It breaks me heart that there are people like this working in daycare centers, and even sadder, employers who protect them! I'll never understand why!

Hugs again! N

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hey, no regrets OK? Two cases will make the DA stop and look more closely I bet. I am glad that you are finally getting progress. Hopefully the DA will press charges.

HUGS to your brave girl!

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I'm so glad dd since well with the interviewers.....m

You never know how it will go, if they'll get nervous and freeze up or what. It's great that she was at ease. And thank you for clearing up about her pointing out the bruises, I was hoping that they weren't still there! I know you feel terrible that another child got hurt in the meantime, but you cannot predict how anything will go. Hopefully, the other child is not severely injured and the two cases together will be that much more powerful.

Keep us posted!

- Julie

Angi, I am so proud of you and your brave (and adorable!) little girl. As awful as having a second case is, it does make it so much more likely to get the DA's attention -- *and* the university's attention! That is just unconscionable and the only person who should feel terrible guilt is the director who did nothing (and the abusive teacher, of course).

Hugs!

Lisa