Thread: OT- and a BRAG about DD that I have to share

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default OT- and a BRAG about DD that I have to share

Ok, so DD has had a rough couple of months. She has had days with 20+ tantrums per day, hitting, kicking, crying like an infant, etc.... lots of bad days here.....it was hard for all involved.

Then, like it always does (THANKFULLY!!) the cycle flips and she does really well. (We added multivitamins again, and not sure if this is part of what is helping or it is just a cycle!?) She has been like a different kid for about 5 days. It is incredible and I am so thankful that I cry happy tears every day over the littlest things. She is listening to me, and answers me most of the time...she is allowing me to dress her without beating me up! She said she WANTED to go to school Friday when there was no school!??!???!?!?!??!??!

Anyway....

At restaurants or stores she USUALLY screams at teh waiter/waitresses when they come near. It is HIGHLY embarrassing, but we usually explain and leave large tips.

So, we took dd to her fave place for dinner....the Mongolian grill where she likes to eat their sticky rice, and their noodles cooked in teriaki (sp?) and sweet and sour sauce with garlic.

She ate her meal, no fits or trouble. That in and of itself is a good thing....then at the end she wanted anotehr fortune cookie - so on a whim I asaid maybe she should walk up to the counter where the waitress was and ask her for more. Mind you, we were sitting halfway across the filled restaurant, so I was surprised that she went and did it. It took a while to get the waitress' attention but she asked her, and the waitress said that she had to ask her parents. So she came back and said this, and we said OK go ahead and get them and she got back up out of her chair and walked back across the restaurant and told the waitress "they said yes!" She came back to the table carrying 3 fortune cookies and handed us each one, and shared them!!!!??

Then, when the bill came, we asked if she wanted to go pay it. She took the bill, and went up and paid it. This is a girl who usually screams at people rather than talk to them. We had a really pride filled moment watching all of this. DH and i just looked back and forth at her across the restaurant doing this, and at each other in disbelief. It is the little things isn't it?
    She was really really proud too, and I could tell that it made her feel good about herself to do such "big girl" things.
    Wow, it was amazing.

Sorry this is sooo long, but i am sort of basking in the afterglow of her acting like a 'typical' tonight.

-angi ella, 4 asd, anxiety, SPD, social issues, etc

Default Awesome!

I know what you mean about cycles.Ya never know. Here's hoping your dd continues to do so well.

Oh, and I LOVE that restaurant too!

:-)

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by angeleena
    Ok, so DD has had a rough couple of months. She has had days with 20+ tantrums per day, hitting, kicking, crying like an infant, etc.... lots of bad days here.....it was hard for all involved.

Then, like it always does (THANKFULLY!!) the cycle flips and she does really well. (We added multivitamins again, and not sure if this is part of what is helping or it is just a cycle!?) She has been like a different kid for about 5 days. It is incredible and I am so thankful that I cry happy tears every day over the littlest things. She is listening to me, and answers me most of the time...she is allowing me to dress her without beating me up! She said she WANTED to go to school Friday when there was no school!??!???!?!?!??!??!

Anyway....

At restaurants or stores she USUALLY screams at teh waiter/waitresses when they come near. It is HIGHLY embarrassing, but we usually explain and leave large tips.

So, we took dd to her fave place for dinner....the Mongolian grill where she likes to eat their sticky rice, and their noodles cooked in teriaki (sp?) and sweet and sour sauce with garlic.

She ate her meal, no fits or trouble. That in and of itself is a good thing....then at the end she wanted anotehr fortune cookie - so on a whim I asaid maybe she should walk up to the counter where the waitress was and ask her for more. Mind you, we were sitting halfway across the filled restaurant, so I was surprised that she went and did it. It took a while to get the waitress' attention but she asked her, and the waitress said that she had to ask her parents. So she came back and said this, and we said OK go ahead and get them and she got back up out of her chair and walked back across the restaurant and told the waitress "they said yes!" She came back to the table carrying 3 fortune cookies and handed us each one, and shared them!!!!??

Then, when the bill came, we asked if she wanted to go pay it. She took the bill, and went up and paid it. This is a girl who usually screams at people rather than talk to them. We had a really pride filled moment watching all of this. DH and i just looked back and forth at her across the restaurant doing this, and at each other in disbelief. It is the little things isn't it?
    She was really really proud too, and I could tell that it made her feel good about herself to do such "big girl" things.
    Wow, it was amazing.

Sorry this is sooo long, but i am sort of basking in the afterglow of her acting like a 'typical' tonight.

-angi ella, 4 asd, anxiety, SPD, social issues, etc