Thread: angeleena - how long has Ella been on the Vitamins now?

redd89 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default angeleena - how long has Ella been on the Vitamins now?

Please keep us updated - very interesting! Is anyone else trying them?
    Janie

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

there are several families in my local IRL support group who use super nu thera. and have for years. we dont use it only b/c we have ds' vitamins mixed in his mito cocktail. as far as a good all around vitamin, super nu thera is one of the best out there. hugs

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Angeleena, I saw your update a few posts below.....m

and I'm so amazed at these results. Of course, there will have to be a choking incident from time to time, just to keep you on your toes! My ds has been in a pretty good phase for about a month now (was avoiding actually writing it down lest I jinx myself) but we did have a horrifying episode shortly before Christmas where he wouldn't get in his carseat and I had to hold him down and sit on him to get the belt buckled and he scratched my face so badly it bled for hours, I had to put on cover-up makeup just to leave the house for about 4 days afterward. BUT the overall improvement is still there. All that to say, I'm glad you're not discouraged by the choking incident, and that things in general are still looking up.

Why is dd so constipated though? You may have written that in an earlier post, I don't remember. It's not the vitamins, is it? Or is she in general a "gut" kid? I'm sure between a house full of people, the overexcitement of Christmas, and feeling really uncomfortable, she was due for an eipsode.

Keep posting about her progress. It's uncanny!

All the best,
    Julie

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hi everyone,
    thanks for asking!
    I just looked at the calender and she has been on them about 20 days. The change has been nothing short of amazing. My niece played with ella at thanksgiving, and then played with her again on Christmas and said the change was very evident. She said that ella's language has changed a lot and her social skills are almost like a typical kid. (she is fresh out of college, and studied some of this stuff)

Poor Ella has been constipated since her first round of immunizations..so 4 years of constipation! We have never been able to fix it with food/drink or otherwise. (not even mineral oil!) She has to have miralax which apparently is NOT good on a daily basis. But, it is better than the alternative for Ella which is not going to the bathroom ever. We tried every other thing suggested and nothing worked but miralax. When Ella see's the dan! doc I think the main thing they will suggest is healing her gut issues first. We do probiotics daily and we did do enzymes but we are off of those now for a while. If she misses even one day of miralax things back up. I hope that someday her gut issues are done with. She was on daily antibiotics for 2 years so she clearly has a good reason to have gut issues.

She drinks plenty of fluids too.

Anyway, we are going to keep her on the vitamins for SURE!

I have wondered sometimes if her gut issues have caused her to not absorb vitamins, so she has been deficient all along, and now she is getting a high liquid dose that is somehow making it's way into her blood stream and making her brain right for the first time in a long time??? Just my layperson's theory here....

Well, i promised ella we would get out of the house today. yesterday we just hung out at home and we can't have too much of that! :-)

-Angi

Default Wow, well it definitely sounds like you're.....m

completely on top of things as far as her gut issues and constipation goes. I know that the effects of long-term antiobiotics use can be pretty awful on a person's system, so that's a likely culprit. I'm sure your dan! doc will have some kind of suggestion. And I think you're right on about her body just not absorbing the nutrients properly. That is so common in the gut kids. Is it possible, could it be, after all the interventions, all the treatments, all the therapies, all the doctors, that these vitamins could be the true key to her improvement???? It's unreal! Just another "in your face" to those "experts" who poo poo biomed interventions for ASD kids. Some day, you're going to be interviewed by someone on TV and you'll say, well "Years ago, we started these vitamins and her behavior improved and the next thing you know, she's getting the Nobel Prize...."

I'm definitely gonna look further into those vitamins .I know there's no miracle cure, but it's certainly playing a part, the change is so coincidental with your starting them and so dramatic. Rock on, vitamins, rock on!

- Julie

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

hey,

there are a ton of families in the nfasg support group that do biomed stuff on some level....there is also a spinoff of us from them that meet for dinner at north point chilis 1x month for dinner. most do a lot more than i, as in yasko protocols....omg that stuff is mind boggling. anyhow, the next one is monday jan 7th. just ask for the biomed moms if you go. im still trying to secure a sitter. hugs

Angi - quick question for you - why do you think that miralax is bad to have on a daily basis? I'm just curious. DS is back on miralax (after having gone the mineral oil route for 6 mo, but he had an x-ray and supposedly no stool is stuck in there anymore) per the urologist, and it seems to be working (i.e. he poops daily), and I have been told by multiple docs that miralax is very safe and it is not unusual at all for kids to be on daily miralax for years. I'm hoping I didn't miss something!!!

I also want to thank you for all the vitamin posts too - I haven't gotten around to reading much lately, but I'm anxious to get going with vitamins as soon as I can get dd's organic acid urine test done (every time I get a sample, right before I send it in I realize that she had some apple the night before - which is contraindicated in the test protocol - and the holidays keep getting in the way. Now we have to wait until next week!!) And I can't give them to ds until dd gets them too, unless I do it when dd is not in the room - otherwise she'll beg (I don't want the vitamins to mask a problem with the organic acids).

-beth

Default Hi, Mickey...m

You are so thoughtful for the invite. I actually meet with a group of IF INCIID Atlanta-based moms the first Monday of each month (I'm still struggling with the IF piece of things ). Actually, I am not doing any biomed intervention at all. I was just interested in the vitamins in and of themselves. Ds is not a gut kid and although biomed could be helpful, it's a huge universe I'm not ready to enter just yet. I'm just still getting his therapies in place and right now we're in a relatively OK place. But thank you for inviting me. Glad to hear there's a local supportive group for that. It can be so overwhelming and mind-boggling and I'm just so lucky that ds is as high functioning as he is. Not even sure if he's on the spectrum at all - dev delay, lang delay, anxiety, social stuff, etc - autism per se has been ruled out, though. We'll see what the future has in store.....

But I'll keep on NFASG, the moms are all so knowledgeable!

Regards,
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by mickey2
    hey,

there are a ton of families in the nfasg support group that do biomed stuff on some level....there is also a spinoff of us from them that meet for dinner at north point chilis 1x month for dinner. most do a lot more than i, as in yasko protocols....omg that stuff is mind boggling. anyhow, the next one is monday jan 7th. just ask for the biomed moms if you go. im still trying to secure a sitter. hugs

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Are you using the same lab that Susan and Laura used?

how did you pick that test out of all the ones they offer?
    karen