Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sorry, i have been mia

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

hey Julie and all...
    thanks for the info. you make a lot of sense.

i would love to get her in to see a neuropsych or a child psychiatrist. I just do not know how to find one. i did a search online for one, and none come up for where i live...eugene, oregon.

so, i am going to ask the dev ped for a referral.

thanks so much for your support.

my dh read your posts and he was blown away by the support offered.

-angi

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/dr...ld_psychiatry/

Will this help?
    If not, head on south and get an appointment at the MIND institute here in Sacramento.
    Ellen

OMG! YES THAT HELPS!!!!

WOW!

Thanks!

I googled and did not get anything like this!!

THANKS!

LOL
    All I did was put in Eugene, OR and child psychiatrist, and that page was like the 2nd hit. Glad it helps.

Have you lived there long? My dad is in Eugene, and I used to love the city. I was a bit disillusioned over all the growth and sprawl the last time we were there. Couldn't hardly even FIND Saturday Market in amongst the megamalls.
    Ellen

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow I had no idea that children this young can have

bipolar but it does sound like what you are dealing with.
    hugs
    karen

mk Guest

Default Just checking in...

don't get here much but read your latest posts and I am sorry you are going through all of this. I hope you can get an appt soon. I am SO glad your family is being supportive. Do you have any help with Ella? I think a break each day would do wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by danellsar
    LOL
    All I did was put in Eugene, OR and child psychiatrist, and that page was like the 2nd hit. Glad it helps.

Have you lived there long? My dad is in Eugene, and I used to love the city. I was a bit disillusioned over all the growth and sprawl the last time we were there. Couldn't hardly even FIND Saturday Market in amongst the megamalls.
    Ellen

Hi Ellen, born and raised here. Yes, there is a lot of growth here, unfortunate amounts so it is forcing a lot of the locals out because housing prices are so high. Although, they are starting to come down.
    It is not the town I grew up in anymore. It is still a hippie town but not as much as it used to be. We love the Saturday market though, and still go there in the spring and summer.

The entire western side of the state of Oregon is just kind of turning into a mini-california and that kind of sucks. Eastern Oregon is still way out there.

Where are you from?

What does your dad do here? Has he lived here long?

Thanks for writing.

-Angi

Hi Angi- I am from Northern California, grew up in the SF/Bay Area.

My dad USED to be an RN, but he's now on permanent disability. He is, as an innkeeper there in Eugene dubbed them, an "Earthmuffin". He's a very aging hippie. In fact, if you go to Sat Market you've probably walked right by him. He'd be the old guy with the long hair playing a little wooden drum, wearing political pins all over his funky clothes. He and his other aging hippie friends get together and rant about all the political problems, write letters to the editor, and play that funky music. He's lived in Eugene for about the last 20 years, and before that lived in a tiny town called Deadwood (near Mapleton), population about 25 farmers, 100 or so hippies, and some cows.

I have to laugh or I'd cry.
    Ellen

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hey Angi -

Just wanted to offer my support and hugs. I'll defer to Julie's post. I have a lot of family history with bi-polar and Ellie definately swings high and low, although not as extreme.

I hope you find someone to help you soon!

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by danellsar
    I have to laugh or I'd cry.
    Ellen
    oh family...your last sentance is my mantra sometimes. I'll laugh with you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2