Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Savanna will be having a hospital stay

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Savanna will be having a hospital stay

The neuro tried her back on the lamectal (the stuff that gave her the rash) and she got another rash 3 days later so no more lamectal.

He wants to admit her to the hospital for observation. They'll put an EEG on her for 28 or so hours to try to get a better picture of her seizures and what is going on with them. Also to try to find out what the new episodes are that the current medication causes.

I've asked for a heavy metals test while we are there as well as any other test that might help us figure out what is going on.

I am nervous about it but I talked to her about it tonight and she seemed OK with it at this point if it would hopefully help us figure her seizures out. II know she will be scared and I hate that. I'm not sure what we will do with Sierra during her stay. Trying to figure that out now.

I'm not sure when it will happen, but possibly as early as next week.

Susan

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Susan,
    how scary for you guys but also it sounds like a great idea to get to the bottom of what is going on. I hope that the doctors can figure out the root cause and fix it. You all have been through so much with these seizures/meds. I am sending you as much positive energy as I can muster up for you. I have a feeling that you are really doing the right thing here.

-Angi

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I'm sure this must be really hard. I think it's a good idea though to get more information to steer you in the right direction for treatment. (((hugs))) I hope you get helpful, conclusive answers.

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hugs to you and Savanna.

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

(((hugs)))) I wish I were there! I'd love to keep Sierra.... Is she going to be at CMC? They are AWESOME with kids... do you think they might let Sierra come along???

So glad you are getting this done... I sooooo hope they can get to the bottom of this... I didn't even think about the heavy metals, so good thing to check out...

We go back for a follow-up visit with Dr. Perlmutter to get Chris' test results... right now he has added a magnesium supplement to replace the Miralax... haven't posted as I haven't wanted to jinx anything... it has helped!

In the meantime, Dr. P LOVES that we are doing NN Cod Liver Oil... he thinks that is by far the most important supplement... he also approves of the melatonin and multi-vitamin... just waiting for the test results to give the "perfect" vitamin mix...

anyway, I'm chattering away... (sorry)...

Praying they get some good data from Savanna's stay at the hospital and can figure out how to help her...

((((hugs)))) the worst part would be blood draws, but Chris had it done (yes, heartbreaking at the time, but he was later on very matter-of-fact with his siblings about it... not traumatized as I had feared).... and we should receive a wealth of information from it...

Laura

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I know this is going to be hard....m

but so well worth it if you can come away with answers. Sounds like a logistical nightmare, but like another poster said maybe Sierra can have a hospital "sleepover" too so you can all be together and maybe then Savannah will be less scared. However it works out, I just hope they get more clues and some real answers. It's been too long.

Julie

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Big big hugs. Hopefully they will be able to find out what is going on with that poor child. i hope you can find someone to watch Sierra. I bet Savanna will surprise you. She might be pretty strong if she thinks that they are going to be able to help her feel better.
    karen

Sue, I hope so very much that you get some concrete, helpful answers out of the stay. I am glad to hear that your doc is focused on getting more information, not just doing trial and error. Hugs! You'll get through the stay and hopefully it will yield some real answers.

Lisa

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh my! I truly hope you get some answers, or at least

a point in the right direction.

Thinking of you guys! N

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hugs- hope you get some answers

Please keep us posted,
    Ann

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast