Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Selfishing asking for good thoughts...

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Selfishing asking for good thoughts...

Ellie's sporting a fever right now. Not a big deal usually but

1) Nanny has the actual flu. I thought we dodged the bullet b/c the last time she had Ellie was last Tuesday and she got the flu on Sunday.

2) Ellie's got asthma which always compounds illness. The last two times she caught a cold she ended up at urgent care with respiratory distress.

3) the selfish part: Dh and I are going away tomorrow for a wedding. Flying, hotel, the works. My sister and bil (no kids) are watching the girls. Ugh.

WHY NOW? Obviously I can't go if it is anything other then a fever.

On the upside, we get the nice ASD fever effect that was mentioned recently!

Wishing you lots of luck! Something similar happened in our house last fall - I had scheduled my mom to watch our four kids while DH and I travelled back east for my best friend's wedding (I was in the wedding party). My youngest, then 18 months, ended up having viral pneumonia diagnosed the day before we left. Thankfully he got better, never needed oxygen or anything else, etc. Naturally, he also threw up immediately as we were rushing out the door to the airport - all four kids had a stomach bug over the weekend (so did I, throwing up at the rehearsal dinner. fun). I was a complete nutcase trying to leave the house. I was so afraid. Ultimately it all worked out (who else can you leave four puking kids with besides grandma - who ended up getting it too).

Fortunately we dodged a bullet. He must have had some lingering gunk in his chest though. Just a few weeks later, he ended up with bronchiolitis and spent four days in the hospital on oxygen. Thank goodness DH wasn't travelling for work that week.

I hope the fever goes down and the illness goes away!! Try to have fun - yeah, I know...it'll be limited. You'll feel a little bit better when you get to your destination - one step closer to coming back home. good luck!!!
    -beth

By the way, I don't know if any of your kids have sensory issues but be aware of what happened to us (two of my kids have spd) - they behaved very well over the weekend, but as soon as we returned they totally fell apart. They had held it together for so long, poor dears, but it was quite a rough week when we returned.

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Oh no....hope she is better so you and dh get take your weekend getaway!

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow, no selfishness there, just needing a break....m

and a well-deserved one. Crossing all fingers and toes that Ellie doesn't get any worse and your sister and bil feel equipped to handle everything and Ellie can let go. I know kids get clingy when they're feeling yucky.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Let us know how it turns out!

- Julie

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

SENDING VERY POSITIVE THOUGHTS THAT IT IS NOT THE FLU!!!!!!!!!!

-ANGI

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default How is she doing today?

Sending positive thoughts and hoping that she is much better!

Susan

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Good thoughts!

Hope all is well!
    Ann

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

She has the FLU. The real deal - tested + at the doc. I stayed home obviously. Her fever was 103.5 this AM with a cough so there was no way I was going. Her chest still sounds OK, but I have the nebulizer warmed up and ready to go.

Tamiflu tastes awful BTW. Just what an SID kid needs.

The fever effect is in full force, I wish you could have seen her at the docs. She had a long in depth conversation with the doc about horses and the doc could not believe she had any delays/autism. She's been agreeable to everything I've done to her - taking temps, medicine....I am amazed.

Dh is gone for like 2 weeks straight and I am positive Lacey is going to get it next so I think we are going to be housebound for a while. I may be hanging out in the closet with you Susan!

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh no!

That is awful! Glad you caught it quickly though. How scary for you! Hang in there.

Where are you in NC? I am in Charlotte.

Susan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast