Thread: If anyone has a child with urinary incontinence

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default If anyone has a child with urinary incontinence

issues, you know my stress and anxiety! I called today to have DD seen at Children's Hospital in the Voiding Dysfunction Clinic. The pedi wanted me to try bladder re-training first, but that hasn't worked. I also want to rule out physiological problems before she has her OT eval for SPD. She has been tested for UTI. Her appt. is on Feb.29th.

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow, good luck....m

I hope you find some answers at the Voiding clinic. Sounds so hard to deal with on top of everything else!

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hugs to you both! No advice - but keep us posted.

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Good luck!

My 4yo is physiologically incontinent....we are hoping she can have surgery sometime in the next few years so she can be dry one day. She is able to poop in the toilet but she wears pull-ups.
    I hope all goes well- please keep us posted.
    Ann

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

My older ds is 8 yr old. We still have occasional daytime issues, and nightly issues. Since both my father and brother are Urologists, for the time being we are not going medication route. We have had testing done 2x since 4 years of age-everything comes back fine. My ds has low tone, and even drooled til he turned 8 years old. For him I think eventually he will mature enough to stop wearing pullups at night and having daytime accidents.

hugs