Thread: How do you rejuvenate yourself?

Default How do you rejuvenate yourself?

Being a mom to a child, or children, with any need different than the norm can really wear you out! I'm feeling that way today. Any tips/tricks to really make you feel better/relaxed/renew your positive energy? My only tricks are sleep, mindless tv watching before bed at night, or eating (now this one can catch up with a person!). What do the rest of you do?

Default I do all that plus

I go out to the store when my husband gets home. I wander around Wal-Mart or the grocery store for a while. The change of scenery helps. Also, I like to ride in the car listening to what I want to listen to on the radio for a change.
    LM

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I have two small luxeries in my life

1) Gym membership and treadmill in basement - this is my best advice. Yesterday when Ellie was so awful, I put her down for a nap and busted my but for 45 min on the treadmill. I was a new woman.

2) Nanny - I have a part time nanny that comes 2x a week from 8-12 and takes Ellie to school for me. This allows me to do my part time job in those two days, meaning I have two afternoons free while Ellie is in pre-K. I technically could work only when she was at school, but I treasure my me time. She is awesome (in school to be an OT) and does so much more with Ellie then I ever would!

I have a dh that travels and like every other mom, I am super busy so these two things are my sanity!

If all else fails, there's wine and reality TV.

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Great thread, looking forward to what everyone says...m

I love to read books that have NOTHING to do with children, parenting, or anything of the sort. Just great fiction.

Also, I escape into the hot shower if I just can't take it anymore and just plop him in front of the TV.

A long walk or bike ride.

Calling my mom or sis on the phone and venting.

Making sure we get a babysitter at least one Saturday a month.

While he's in school, I put on music really loud and sing along and dance around the house. (with the shades down, of course....)

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I get in bed 1/2 hr before I go to sleep and read, even if stuff is not done around the house (and it's never done, lol).

Also, every once in a while when I really need it, I'll take the day off work while the kids are at school and get stuff done, go shopping, whatever. Just to do anything with no one talking to me!

Also, if I can find a time to go out for dinner by myself and have a glass of wine, this is always wonderful!

Susan

Default Well, I work outside the home

for me, I would go crazy staying home all the time. Alex is in school all day anyway. I love my job as a first grade teacher, so this helps alot. Other diversions:

wine, Starbucks, chocolate, shopping alone, (even at the grocery store!) locking myself in the computer room, going to bed early... I know there are more... but these are my faves.

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyLM
    Being a mom to a child, or children, with any need different than the norm can really wear you out! I'm feeling that way today. Any tips/tricks to really make you feel better/relaxed/renew your positive energy? My only tricks are sleep, mindless tv watching before bed at night, or eating (now this one can catch up with a person!). What do the rest of you do?

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I run-it is my therapy. I am also on Zoloft. I post here

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

sounds just like me especially the eating. i have started going to the gym which has been good but due to sick kids I didn't make it there this week.
    hugs
    you aren't alone
    karen