Thread: Jacob's IEP meeting for K is on Wed.

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Jacob's IEP meeting for K is on Wed.

I am so nervous. I haven't prepared anything yet because things are so up and down with him I don't know what he needs. I do know there needs to be something about social skills. I am going to look at the link Wendy posted and see what I can pull out for myself.

I asked for a behavior assessment but they said he didn't need one. His teacher has been beyond unhelpful with all of it unfortunately. She sent me another copy of the county special education services book. I guess I need to go through it and take notes. Also get out his old IEP and re-review that.

Any other thoughts. With the change in food things are significantly better but you can still see the implusivity and lack of social skills. The big change is the level of aggression. The food changes seems to help that. He is still growling, roaring and screaming at people but its different.

What else can I do to prepare?
    karen

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Call Monday and get a copy of what they are preparing for him. That way you can edit the goals and add anything you see missing. I find that the most helpful, to see where they are coming from.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I second the suggeestion to get a copy of the goals beforehand. I did not know til last summer that you were able to do that, so take advantage that right.

Good luck, sorry his teacher is not so helpful.

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Thanks for the suggestion

I just emailed his teacher now so she will get it first time tomorrow morning. That should give her enough time by Wed to get it to me. At least I hope so.
    karen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Good luck Karen!

Somehow I missed this post. But I wanted to say Good Luck and I hope you accomplish everything you need to for Jacob!

Susan