Thread: What do you think of these draft goals? Meeting tomorrow 8:30

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default What do you think of these draft goals? Meeting tomorrow 8:30

The IEP meeting is tomorrow morning. I just got these at 4 pm.

1) Jacob will demonstrate attention and perseverance in the completion of a classroom routine or a selected activity with no more than 2 verbal redirections for up to 10 minutes as measured on 4 out of 5 occasions during a marking period.

2) Jacob will participate in learning activities with peers in group settings using appropriate social skills while at play or doing structured activities with no more than 2 prompts for up to 10 minutes on 4 out of 5 occasions observed during a marking period.

I think these are good but I feel like something is missing but can't put my finger on it. Any thoughts from what you've heard me say about him?

thanks
    karen

These sound very official! Forgive me for asking, but what is your goal with these? I'll probably be writing up something similar in the near future.

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

These are the actual IEP goals proposed by the elementary school he will be going to K at next year.

I like the goals but the times seem very short and I don't know if they cover everything.

I didn't write these goals, they were sent to me for review tomorrow. I am afraid that some of the goals I would have aren't appropriate for school or maybe they are already included. For me a goal would be not to scream or hit when frustrated with others or himself. But I guess that could be included in social appropriate behaviors with peers. So maybe these are broad enough to cover most of it.

karen

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default That seems very rigid to me...

what happens if he doesn't meet those goals? Is he then excluded from the class?

What is a marking period?

I'd be very careful.

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hi,
    these sound very much like the goals we just had for our dd ella. They sound good to me, but I am not sure if something is missing. I mean, with ella there are several on the list. I wish I had a copy of it, but they are mailing it when it is typed up.

What are your concerns for him?

-Angi

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Check out the link to the goal bank...

see around page 137 for social skill goals!

http://www.bridges4kids.org/IEP/iep.goal.bank.pdf

Love this website by the way!

N