Thread: busy feeling sorry for myself!

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default busy feeling sorry for myself!

Hey,
    I just have a short vent.

I have the flu...came down with a 104.3 fever last night and felt like I might need the ER somewhere in there. finally, a lot of advil brought it down. My dh has to work a 12 hour shift at the hospital leaving here soon...and has to take a nap today. I am alone with my busy busy girl. Finally, I got her into playdoe right now so i am sitting here staring at the computer.
    My family is usually pretty supportive and they adore ella...but i was just wondering if anyone has supportive enough grandparents around that would offer to come and take your kid(s) if you are sick. Mine are paranoid about getting sick and do not think twice about not even offering. They are great otherwise and I totally understand their reasoning. I am just feeling sorry for myself today.

-angi

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hugs Hugs

My parents do not live near so I don't have any family help. I was wondering about this very thing the other day and I do have some friends who would help. I am SO SORRY you are so sick!

I remember once when the girls were little when I was so sick I got a mattress on the floor and I just lay on the floor while they played around me, praying that they did not get sick. These days it would not be as easy. It seems they need more now that they are older. How can that be??

Please get better soon.

Susan

LOL, I would give anything for family that would take ds *anytime,* but I am perfectly happy to offer hugs and sympathy! Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa

Default I wouldnt even have to ask with my parents, but my DH's

family, I would need to ask... tho I would never. But my parents rock, they are so awesome and I am sooooo lucky to have them, especially my mom.

Sorry to hear you are sick. I just posted to you above - I missed this post. Feel better soon - it's so hard to be sick when, as a mom, you have so much to do.

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Aww...sorry you are sick. Sorry you don't have anyone to watch Ella either. Feel better soon.

smf3 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Oh my! I hope you feel better really soon!!! It totally stinks just being sick, let alone with a busy, busy girl!!!

Wishing you a very quick recovery....and a quiet day for Ella!!

Shawna

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Late reply but lots of hugs here...m

I have no family in the area and my best friend just moved across the country so I have no one to take the kids who wants to risk getting sick. I know my mother would watch my sick kid or risk getting my germs to watch my healthy kid in a second if she were here, but she's not so it's a moot point. I feel your pain, but I think I'd be doubly pissed if I had parents here and they still wouldn't take my kids with sickness in the house. I am so sorrrry. Do you feel any better today?

Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs,
    Julie

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hope youa re feeling better. hugs

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hope you are feeling better!

I know how you feel - we live far from all family and my dh travels a lot, so if I am sick, it just sucks!