Thread: What are your thoughts re: sibling

Default What are your thoughts re: sibling

My 3 year old is having some issues. I have a 7 year old with ASD.
    I have never been concerned that my 3 year old had it.
    This child talked early, has beautiful gross motor skills, makes beautiful eye contact.

This one is VERY difficult to deal with and it seems like there is something different. This one throws huge tantoms if they don't get to close the door when someone leaves or open it for all of us going in.
    Wont sit still. Doesn't listen to direction. Refuses to potty train. Doesn't like loud noises. Doesn't like shirts with buttons. etc.
    I am having that feeling that there is something different.
    I am not concerned about ASD, but there is something. I don't know where to turn...any thoughts?
    LM

LM

Just from what you posted Sensory Integration Disorder comes to mind. The Out of Sync Child used to be the bible, many moms here know way more than I. I know OTs help treat, maybe some diagnose or a dev ped could help you? I'd log behaviors and ask your ped how to proceed.

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Yes, that is what I would suggest too

sounds like sensory issues.

In addition to the book which will be very good for you to read, google sensory integration disorder and sensory processing disorder or dysfunction. You will get lots of information and signs and symptoms that will help you determine where to go next. Do you have an occupational therapist in your area who you could go do that is covered by insurance if you think this is your dd?

BIG HUGS!

Susan

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Definately sensory.

Both my kids have sensory issues, but both in completely different ways . Of course, right?

It took me a while to catch them in my 7 year old and for that I feel guilty.

Your 3 year old sounds a lot like what Ellie was like at 3. Over-responsive. OT helped us so much.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I agree sounds like sensory, have you read The Out-of-Sync Child? If not it worth reading.

Thanks to everyone...I am going to check with the ped soon.
    LM

Default I agree with everyone else on this, too

Sounds very much like sensory integration