Thread: Anyone having issues with their non-spec. needs siblings?

emilyb00 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Anyone having issues with their non-spec. needs siblings?

Colin's (Russell Silver Syndrome, g-tube, GH therapy) twin sister (age 7.5) was just recently in a lot of trouble for stealing and lying from her friends. This happened on more than one occasion from different people and was out of character for her. She has always been our easiest child.

In speaking with Colin's child psych. she said that maybe Hayden is feeling displaced since Colin has had such a great year. He has grown approx. 3 inches and gotten much closer to her in height and his behavior as improved dramatically as a result because he is more confident.

She said she is probably acting out for our attention. It is so frustrating that just when one is doing well, then the other has issues. It is neverending! I feel like she gets tons of attention being the only girl and we also make a point to take her to Colin's appts. in NYC 2 x a year so she sees first hand that it is not all fun - blood draws, xrays, 2 hour appts. are very difficult.

Any thoughts from anyone? Just wondering if anyone has gone through this. Hayden has her own appt. this week with the child psych so we'll see how that goes.

Emily

Default oh yeah! (sibs obviously ment)

First off, sorry about Hayden. Keeping you on your toes, huh? Megan (Alex's twin) acts up at home terribly. I often feel it's probably for attention, which,like you, we give her plenty. But, she's 7.5, and she is jealous of everything that involves her sibs. We have not had issues like you mentioned, but I do totally feel for you and understand. Good luck with the qppt. I am sure you will get this sorted out.

Congrats on Coloin's great year. :-)

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by emilyb00
    Colin's (Russell Silver Syndrome, g-tube, GH therapy) twin sister (age 7.5) was just recently in a lot of trouble for stealing and lying from her friends. This happened on more than one occasion from different people and was out of character for her. She has always been our easiest child.

In speaking with Colin's child psych. she said that maybe Hayden is feeling displaced since Colin has had such a great year. He has grown approx. 3 inches and gotten much closer to her in height and his behavior as improved dramatically as a result because he is more confident.

She said she is probably acting out for our attention. It is so frustrating that just when one is doing well, then the other has issues. It is neverending! I feel like she gets tons of attention being the only girl and we also make a point to take her to Colin's appts. in NYC 2 x a year so she sees first hand that it is not all fun - blood draws, xrays, 2 hour appts. are very difficult.

Any thoughts from anyone? Just wondering if anyone has gone through this. Hayden has her own appt. this week with the child psych so we'll see how that goes.

Emily