Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please think of us! (xpost w/bb2002 and PWAP)...

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thanks for asking Lisa...sadly, we just moved my mom into independent living. She had pneumonia last summer shortly after Leela's surgery, I was going back and forth taking care of both of them. It was very weird, pediatric rehab for Leela, then pack up Leela and wheelchair, and go to adult inpatient rehab to visit my mom, unpack Leela and wheelchair. Leela loved it because there were all these adults in wheel chairs and she'd try to race them - hah! My mom never full recovered from the pneumonia due to emphysema... and we couldn't be there 100% for her so we moved her. She's been in her new apartment for a month - loves, loves, loves it, and now is back in hospital with her obstructed small intestine. If all goes well she be released Friday, if not surgery Friday... we're still not sure which way it'll go! She's really at the point in her life where she's in for a week or so - if it's lung related it's followed by a month in pulmonary / physical rehab. Then out for a month or two, then back in. This has been her longest stretch out - since April! Hoping she'll be home on Friday!

So this time around, "dh" will carry Leela up 3 flights of stairs to our little apartment. I think this time around recovery won't be so rough. I'm expecting Leela to be able to do the stairs in a week - no walker, but maybe the stroller for long distances. Since she falls so much, I have to keep her quiet (wish me luck, lol) so she doesn't break anything...

Do you still have my cell #? Many hugs! N

Thank you Carol, especially with everything YOU have going on!!!

Much love to you and Menachem!! N

Thanks Kathie!!! Much appreciated! Wondering if you've updated your website?? How's Alex lately?

Hugs! N

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I really appreciate it!!

: ) N

Thanks MA!! I know, if the man upstairs listens to anyone, he listens to you!!
    You are truly blessed, right down to that cute donkey - I am so jealous!!

Thanks for the love and GIANT hugs, it means a lot!! N

Default Alex is doing ok...

He's had a pretty decent summer, after a pretty rough beginning. Transitions. UGH! We are on a waiting list to see a new developmental pedi. We see her in October. Hope to get a "fresh look" and some new ideas on Alex. His activity level/sensory needs are at their highest!

You must be confusing me with someone who is organized. LOL We don't have a website. But, thanks so much for asking about Alex. Again, all my best to your family in the upcoming weeks! When does Miss Leela start school? (1st grade??)

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by NancyR
    Thanks Kathie!!! Much appreciated! Wondering if you've updated your website?? How's Alex lately?

Hugs! N

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Thoughts and prayers to you!

We'll be keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope your Mom is OK too. I'm sorry L is so worried. It seems it gets harder as they get older and they know more what to expect. If I can help at all long distance with anything child life related, please email me.

Big hugs!
    Ann

Thanks, I appreciate it very much Ann!! I think the next round in a few more years will be the hardest! I was so surprised she took the news as well as she did this time. But, it's been very, very hard.

Also, if you ever want to touch base with a mom who has BTDT re: Yana, please let me know. I know she had shared her story with me a while ago re: her son, and I couldn't believe it was the same as Yana! She asked how Yana was doing, and if there was any info or support she could offer - you two are members of an exclusive club, lol. She mentioned her son has a spot on his leg from the traction where no hair, etc.. grows.

Much love to you Ann, and many thanks! N

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

looking forward to hearing that all went well!

-angi

Thanks Angi!! Hugs! N

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2