Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: An emotional 6th birthday for Evan . . . (long!)

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Happy Birthday Evan. (((Hugs))) to you all.

***Thank you everyone!!!*** Thank you all for listening to me and sharing your feelings, and your stories. I know every SN mom understands that special potion of pain and joy so closely linked.

SueW, I wonder if Evan and Keagan walk similarly; Evan has asymetries too. He was doing kid yoga in his after-school care program and he loved it. I was always so proud of him, because he couldn't do half of what the other kids could, but he always tried his heart out and enjoyed every minute. It was a very supportive environment and the teacher is Spec Ed certified, so that helped. One of the yoga studios in my neighborhood offers kid yoga too, but I am not confident enough of it being a supportive environment to enroll him yet.

Sugarsue, we'll have to start a "reluctant August moms" club . . . seems like every baby I've known since then came that *(&#($*& third week in October, too!

Mickey, sounds like you had a great counselor. I fired my last counselor when she said to me "you know, all moms worry about *something*." I felt so minmized by that. She was clueless.

Tonya, I have thought long and hard about the second birthday. At least for now I have settled on always treating myself a little specially that day (usually involves dark chocolate!). I have wondered how to explain it to Evan in a way that doesn't make him feel regretful about his August day. You were smart to start it early, I think, so that it's a natural thing for Morgan.

Thanks again, everyone. Group hug!!!

Lisa

Thanks for barging, Joy! Always happy to see you. I bet that Lukas is eager for that first lost tooth. Evan thought the day would never come. Hope you are doing well!

Lisa

(Reposting this reply because I put it in the wrong spot -- I always mess that up!)

***Thank you everyone!!!*** Thank you all for listening to me and sharing your feelings, and your stories. I know every SN mom understands that special potion of pain and joy so closely linked.

SueW, I wonder if Evan and Keagan walk similarly; Evan has asymetries too. He was doing kid yoga in his after-school care program and he loved it. I was always so proud of him, because he couldn't do half of what the other kids could, but he always tried his heart out and enjoyed every minute. It was a very supportive environment and the teacher is Spec Ed certified, so that helped. One of the yoga studios in my neighborhood offers kid yoga too, but I am not confident enough of it being a supportive environment to enroll him yet.

Sugarsue, we'll have to start a "reluctant August moms" club . . . seems like every baby I've known since then came that *(&#($*& third week in October, too!

Mickey, sounds like you had a great counselor. I fired my last counselor when she said to me "you know, all moms worry about *something*." I felt so minmized by that. She was clueless.

Tonya, I have thought long and hard about the second birthday. At least for now I have settled on always treating myself a little specially that day (usually involves dark chocolate!). I have wondered how to explain it to Evan in a way that doesn't make him feel regretful about his August day. You were smart to start it early, I think, so that it's a natural thing for Morgan.

Thanks again, everyone. Group hug!!!

Lisa

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Happy Birthday Evan!

And big hugs to his mom. I have so much respect for you and your little (big) boy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2