Thread: So far K is going really well when Jacob is at school

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default So far K is going really well when Jacob is at school

Can't say the same for after school with me but at least school is okay. He only had to change from smiley face one time in 2 weeks. And that was because he cut a crayon in half. He is able to tell me about his day. His teacher sent a paper home today that he was suppose to work on. They did it in class but he got pulled out to (in his words) "learn to keep my hands and feet to myself." He got the concept there. He gave me very careful directions as to what to do with the paper. No idea if they were right so I emailed his teacher. I'll find out.

I was there on Tuesday and I peeked in his room. He was sitting on the floor with his class and actually looking at the board. This is a really difficult time of the day for him.

His teacher is great and has been most tolerant of my frequent emails. She is very sweet too. I have a meeting with her next Thursday to talk in person about how he is doing there.

He also started Hebrew school this past Sunday. That was bad, very bad. He was punished and now he keeps asking when its Hebrew school again. I actually think he wants to show us he can do a better job there too.

I am trying not to get too upset with the issues at home since he is holding it together so well on the bus (2x a day) and at school.

karen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Karen, I'm so glad

that he is doing well at school so far! That has got to be a relief for you. As far as him being difficult at home, I know this is common, holding it together at school to only fall apart at home. But I also know this is hard on you. I hope that school continues and as he adjusts, home life gets better too.

Susan

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Sounds like he is really making an effort. Yeah Jacob!
    My DD lets go as soon as she gets in the car it seems. She does well in school but I guess when she sees me and we pull away from carpool line, all bets are off in her mind. That's ok.....for now.

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Off to a good start

I hope things continue.
    Ann

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I am glad he is doing well.

I find a lot of kids hold it together at school so well that they are a mess at home. Ellie immediately has down time (20 min or so) in front of the TV when she gets home otherwise all is chaos!

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Unfortunately I have found tv isn't the best downtime activity for him. He will sit and stare at it and appear much much calmer but then when he has to interact with others he loses it. Being alone playing or reading by himself works best but is really hard when he gets off the bus at 4 pm. I still try to have dinner ready by 5:30 so I've been letting him play outside. Its dicey sometimes but he is getting it all out which does help some.

Now I wish religious school on Sundays would go better. 2 sessions so far and not good. At least he wasn't the one sent to the office yesterday as he reminded me. He only climbed on the table and chairs.

karen

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hi Karen, it is very common as you know for the kiddos do well in school than fall apart at home where they feel comfortable. Sorry Hebrew school did not go so well.