Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new PCOS forum

Default Welcome to the new PCOS forum

Please make yourself at home.

Default new to this INciid

Hi, I don't really know where to start so here goes! I have pcos and was finally diagnosed about 4 years ago until then and after the only help I ever got was just lose weight and the problems would stop!! Which never helped and really brought me down for years. Since then I have been tried on clomid once and metformin once but they said I need to lose weight before they would do anything further I haven't seen any other DR. but I read so many different things on these forums and its nice to be apart of a support group. My husband and I have been trying for 7 years, so it gets a bit discouraging as im sure you all know!! Any advice or help would be welcomed with open arms thank you

Default Welcome

There is always someone here on the boards to help you along. I was diagnosed with PCOS in August of 2008. I can't help you with the weight side of things, as that wasn't one of my problems. I do know that I gained weight rapidly after getting off the pill and it was HORRIBLE trying to get it off. Did your dr. specify an amount he/she wanted you to lose? I know other people with PCOS that lost weight easier while taking the Metformin. I know I'm not much help with this but I would listen to the dr and start trying to lose the weight recommended. Feel free to message me anytime if you're needing someone to talk to!

Red face

Thank you so much for your reply! Well I have lost the weight before and then I gain it its a real battle!! I have tried the metformin before but he only put me on it for a month and that was about it. He never says how much just to lose the weight which I'm currently doing hopefully it will stay off this time I dropped 80 pounds at one time and the symptoms got better a little but not completely. I have been going thru this so many years but just in the last 4 or so they told me what it was that I had! So I learn something new everyday so it seems!! But thank you again for your reply its just nice to have someone to talk to every now and then that understands the same things your going thru!!

Default At least you know now

Well at least you know now what you have. I know how hard it is to lose weight having PCOS. It's nightmarish. Have you ever tried WeightWatchers? My regular ob/gyn told me the South Beach diet was a good diet for people with PCOS but I didn't think I could do that one. I had great success with WeightWatchers. See if your doctor will give you an amount so you can set a goal for yourself. If not, set your goal as a percentage of your body weight. (I did this and set mine at 10%) At least you would know you were working towards something definite. I hope you are having a good day!

Yeah, someone else told me to try weight watchers! Right now I am trying the adkins thing so(crossed fingers) lol. But I also heard the south beach diet was good. I may try the weight watchers if this doesn't work! So far its doing good just hard to stick with and real expensive for the most part but nothing runs cheap I suppose. I'm doing good so far. Thanks for all your help again its just great to have someone to talk to that understands. How is your day today?

My day was ok after I finally got to work. I felt drained from last week. My endometriosis was rearing its ugly head. So after I realized it was Monday and not Sunday and got to work late it was alright. If you decide to try the Weight Watchers At home its one time $99. And there is not any special food you have to buy so thats good. I think the Adkins diet is similar to South Beach. I couldn't do it because I love to eat bread too much.

I know how that goes!!! I can't keep up with the days lol!! I'm sorry about the endometriosis! I bet that sucks don't really know much about it but Im here if you need to talk!! Mine is kicking in worse these days too my shot is wearing off so and I haven't lost enough weight i guess. I heard the same thing about the south beach that it was alot like the adkins!! I do like the idea of not having to buy special food as far as the weight watchers goes. I need to find a way of life I can live with without it being a constant battle. I live in southeastern oklahoma so home cooked food is all we are raised on so you know how that goes!!

I'm from TN so I understand about the meat, taters, and cornbread. WW is definitely easy to live with it once you get in the habit of it. My preacher said it takes 6 weeks of doing something daily to make it a habit. So I think my new goal will be to try and get 20 minutes of exercise a day. Want to try it with me? As far as the endo. goes thanks it does suck. I said on a message earlier between the ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and PCOS, it's like my female parts have the plague!

Have you thought about getting a 2nd opinion?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast