Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey PCOSters

Hi! Welcome to INCIID My husband and I have been trying for 3.5 years and until a few weeks ago, I thought our issues were a blocked right fallopian tube and low count. Well after starting our IVF cycle recently, it turns out that I also have PCOS! It sure explains a lot of things though, like symptoms that I've had for a long time and never put it all together. So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, double disability. Have you guys explored any assisted methods yet?

cachcoco Guest

Hello I am new here as of today and trying to figure this whole thing out!
    We are considering IVF as a last ditch effort. I am 38 and diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. I have two children. One natural the other adopted and they both are autistic. The oldest is 17! the youngest 11. I hope to find support and guidance from others that have been down this route!

Hi cachcoco!

I just finished my IVF cycle, my first beta is tomorrow. IVF certainly can increase the success odds for people like us with PCOS (I think I also have some endo too but it was never confirmed). Do you have any ideas of a clinic that you would want to go to?

cachcoco Guest

Hi Annette.I think I am going to use a clinic in Utah. I live in Wyoming where there is nothing. Good luck Tomorrow!!!!!!!! You must be going crazy! How was IVF. I am really quite un-nerved! I have applied for a scholorship since there is no way we can afford ivf. Although this program in Utah has a great plan which we might be able to afford! This is our last attempt. I am 38 and looking at endo and pcos. I have had three surgeries in the past year and a half. If this doesnt work it will be the end. And we can only possibly afford one time. So I am scared! Sorry to vent!

You can vent here anytime! That's great that you applied for a scholarship, when did you send in your application? I am a scholarship recipient, so if you have any questions about the process please let me know. Being in Wyoming does make it more challenging to get to a clinic. What do you think of the one in Utah? Are they pleasant and do they have good success rates?

My IVF cycle went smoothly and once you get started it seems to go by really fast. If you have any questions about the IVF process itself, let me know

cachcoco Guest

Annette how was your BETA?????

I havent sent my application in yet. Still waiting for the doctors note. I literally just found out about all this two days ago. How long did the process tak for you? How hard was it to do the fundraising and what did you do? I have a ton of questions! lol! Thank you so much for allowing me to vent! I feel like a crazy woman!

Hi, my blood test was negative. But please don't let that discourage you from doing IVF, we also have other issues, male factor, glucose intolerance and a blocked tube.

How long the scholarship process can take really varies. For me, I sent in my application in February and got my acceptance at the end of April. Sometimes it can take longer for notifications to be sent out depending on when the review board is able to meet.

The fundraising part also varies in duration depending on how quickly the funds are raised. We were very fortunate to have a large donation sent in from someone we don't even know who saw our "Make a Dream Come True" page on the INCIID website. That along with family donations brought us to our goal in two months. But I think they have also implemented a new requirement for fundraising now, I have not gotten the full story on it yet, but I have heard that one of the fundraising efforts has to be something that raises public awareness about INCIID. There are tons of ideas and support for this part of the process.

Once the fundraising is done, the length of time to wait to be matched can also vary depending on what clinics have slots open and how many slots are open at any given time. So we finished our fundraising in June and were matched in November.

cachcoco Guest

Thanks Annette and I am so sorry! Do you get another try?
    I am afraid with the endo coming back I dont have that much time to go through the process. And I think there is like only the one clinic here in this area that donates time. I still plan on sending it in and doing all that is nessasary but I dont have a lot of hope... we will see. We also have male factor. I am not feeling very positive about it all anymore. As I am sure you have, we have been through so much.... for ten years. It is hard to have hope....

I don't get another try. Please don't feel discouraged from doing IVF because of how my cycle turned out. Everybody is different (even if they have common infertility issues), every cycle is different, and every pregnancy is different. And you said you already have one biological child right? So you know at least you are able to get pregnant? I have never ever had a positive pregnancy test so who knows what other issues I have. And I'm sure whichever doctor you would be matched with would deal with the endo if it came back. My feeling is that I had to at least try IVF or else I would never know. Your outcome could be so much different, I have a relative with similar infertility issues, she did IVF and now has twins.

cachcoco Guest

You have such a great attitude. Thank you for your encouragement. I do have one but that was 17 years ago and a lot has happened since then! I am going to try and if it doesnt happen at least I know I tried! I would love twins!
    so whast is your next step?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast