Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey PCOSters

cachcoco Guest

you are a smart lady!!!! lol! That is a smashing idea!!!

Yes the cramps get better! The first time I went pee and it didnt hurt I was so happy!!!! So many things changed and stopped hurting. try asking for tramadol. That really helps because it is also an anti-inflamatory. I had to take two at a time but they really worked. I had to take two and a hydrocodone to even make a dent int he pain by the end of the last time! It tells you what is included I think. I dont think meds are but if you get them free from the company you are all set! How far do you live from Utah?

I will have to ask about Tramadol. Hydrocodone is like Vicodin right? Wow, I can't imagine the pain you go through it sounds like you get it a lot worse than I do and I can barely stand it so I don't know how you do it.

It's so interesting, it's like cramps get worse over time. Like 6 years ago I could take one Exedrin or Aleve and be fine all day. Now it's like a two-day saga and it's miserable. I wonder if being on birth control pills had anything to do with the pain being less before? I stopped taking BCP about 4 years ago. I know that BCP helps PCOS but I don't know about endo. Oh and in the past year, I have gotten really heavy periods, do you have that problem?

cachcoco Guest

I have had that problem. It will continue to get worse. Every month the endo will grow.It reacts the same as the endometrium in your uterus which gets shed every month however, the endo has no place to go so it just keeps growing.
    Vicoden is like hydrocodone. The best thing that also worked was hydroprophin whis has ibuprophine in it.
    Birth control would only help the endo if it made your cycle stop like depo or something like that. As long as you are having a cycle your endo is increasing. Your cramps will for sure keep getting worse. I got to the point I couldnt go out at all during my period. I never knew when I was going to gush and bleed out through my pad. I would pass huge clots! And then I would bleed very heavy for about an hour. It really was horrible.
    I am worried about what this month holds for me. I hope it isnt as painful as last month was!

Hi!! How was your holiday? Is your cyst getting better or do they stick around for a while?

I put endo on my list of questions for our RE when we go in on the 14th.

cachcoco Guest

my cyst did get better but now the other cycle pain is starting again. I am so done with pain right now!
    Thats good to ask about.
    The holidays were quiet but good! How about you?

What is the pain like when you get a cyst? Does it feel like ovulation-type pains but worse?

Our holidays were pretty quiet, just family visits and such. I am still so drained from our ivf cycle, I just don't feel "normal" yet.

cachcoco Guest

I am sorry I cant even imagine what it was like to go through all of that....

it is sharp achy pain. It hurts to move and has a lot of pressure. My cycle is coming around and af is due by the end of the week so the pain is returning and I am once again on pain meds. Saw the surgeon today and he wants to see what the gyn says. If the gyn does another lap then he will also go in at the same time to remove scar tissue. So it looks like another double surgery! We will see on the 13th when I see my gyn.

I hope you feel normal soon. I know after my iui I just felt defeated. And angry.

I'm surprised there aren't more girls in this forum! We can't be the only two with PCOS issues

Next week looks like a big week for both of us, you're going to the gyn on the 13th and I'm going to the RE on the 14th. How long do you think you will have to wait for the surgery once your gyn decides what will be necessary? Like do you have to wait for insurance approvals or anything like that? I had a LEEP once and it took 2 months for insurance approvals! I hope they are able to take you in soon and that this is the last painful cycle you will have for a long time.

Did your doctor say that additional rounds of IUI would not work for you?

cachcoco Guest

I am suprised as well!

The last time I had an appiontment on tuesday and had surgery on thursday so I dont think it will take long at all. Thanks! I hope it is the last painful cycle as well. I just hope he doesnt want to take out my uterus while he is in there.

I have had like seven rounds of iui. I dont think that doing more will work. I have been reading that at my age ivf is the perfered method. We will see.
    Today has been a tough day. Lots of pain and they knowledge that it will get worse over the next few days. I just feel beat up sometimes.
    School starts on monday and I have to figure out how I am going to deal with this pain and go to school! Sorry for venting on you!
    How are you feeling?

Oh I see, I thought you had only done 1 IUI. I got cut off after 2 clomid-only and 2 clomid/IUI.

What class(es) are you taking?

Do you mind if I ask you about what it was like when you adopted your son? What was the adoption process like and how much did it cost?

I hope you are able weather the pain this cycle, you're in my thoughts Will the doctor have to ok it with you before taking your uterus? They can't just take it out without you knowing first, right?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast