Thread: egg growth

Default egg growth

Hi Dr G,

I posted in the other forum, but thought I'd post here too:

I had started my Lupron Stop cycle with 450 follistim/150 menopur last Monday with no change in dose since then. At first the follicles seemed to be growing very well. Today is my day 9 and I'm a bit confused now. On day 5 I had 8 follicles measuring from 9 to 13 mm. On day 7, I had 4 at almost 15mm, 2 at 13mm and 2 around 10mm. Today I expected to see around 16-18mm for majority of them, but they all seem to be too small. I have only 2 at 16, 3 at 14mm, 4 around 11mm.

Is it common for egg growth to slow down so much? Basically, it looks liek it hasnt grown or grown just 0.5 to 1.25 in 2 days. Is this a cause for concern and what is usually done to make it grow. I'm a case with immature eggs and I'm very worried..

ETA: I received my blood test results and it looks like my estrogen is at 1000 today (day 9) while it was 590 on day 7. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlcc
    Hi Dr G,

I posted in the other forum, but thought I'd post here too:

I had started my Lupron Stop cycle with 450 follistim/150 menopur last Monday with no change in dose since then. At first the follicles seemed to be growing very well. Today is my day 9 and I'm a bit confused now. On day 5 I had 8 follicles measuring from 9 to 13 mm. On day 7, I had 4 at almost 15mm, 2 at 13mm and 2 around 10mm. Today I expected to see around 16-18mm for majority of them, but they all seem to be too small. I have only 2 at 16, 3 at 14mm, 4 around 11mm.

Is it common for egg growth to slow down so much? Basically, it looks liek it hasnt grown or grown just 0.5 to 1.25 in 2 days. Is this a cause for concern and what is usually done to make it grow. I'm a case with immature eggs and I'm very worried..

ETA: I received my blood test results and it looks like my estrogen is at 1000 today (day 9) while it was 590 on day 7. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    Thanks.
    I like the rise in E2. Sometimes there can be variability in sono measurements as different sonographers (and even the same sonographer) may get different measurements.

Hang in there. If the follicles really fail to grow then we may consider cycle cancellation which is of course very frustrating.

Good luck,

DrG
    www.100infertilityquestions.blogspot.com