Thread: Question re transition out of EI and into school system

Default Question re transition out of EI and into school system

My dd is 22 months her SC said at 2 1/2 they will start talking about pre-school etc in the local school system. Currently my twin dds are at a full time day care facility in a toddler program which has a pre-school program and a Pre-K program as they age. My dd who gets services is thriving at this place (as is her twin) and I really want both the stay there as its great that it covers their developmental needs and my need for full time daycare.

Currently EI is paying 1/2 of dds fees for the toddler program. Is there something similar when they age out of EI and go into the school system. Can I be partially funded by the school system even though we arent at one of its preschool/pre-K programs? We are in SoCal

Thanks

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

You can't here....however you can deny the pre-K services and recieve resource (teacher coming into the daycare) instead. However, the resource is only 1x per week for us.

Ellie went to 1/2 day pre-k and then most of the kids in her class went to daycare afterwords (she didn't, I only work pt). That may be a good option for you, that way she can have both.

Thanks so much for taking the time ot respond. I'll have to survey my dds "team" and see what they know and what their opinion is of the preschool experience she would get where she is at versus doing the part time preschool then finding a way to get her to day care. (I work full time, am a single mother and work downtown and live in a suburb...) Man, just when you get one systerm figure ut....

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    Thanks so much for taking the time ot respond. I'll have to survey my dds "team" and see what they know and what their opinion is of the preschool experience she would get where she is at versus doing the part time preschool then finding a way to get her to day care. (I work full time, am a single mother and work downtown and live in a suburb...) Man, just when you get one systerm figure ut....

Here they are required to provide transportation to and from your daycare. Most states are the same I think. The kids went in little buses - very cute - to daycares all over the town.