Thread: TSH meds pg ment

Default TSH meds pg ment

Hi Dr!

Well I'm happy to say I'm 12 weeks pg.

However, I'm a little upset b/c I just realized I've been taking the wrong dose of thyroid meds for 2 weeks. On 9/2 my TSH was checked and it had gone up to 6. My RE increased my meds from .75 to 100 mcg. I took 25 days of the 100 mcg pill and on 9/24, my TSH was down to .78. However, omehow after that, I grabbed an old bottle bottle and just realized I have been taking 50 mcg for the last 15 days.

I'm back on the 100mcg and will have a TSH test in a few days.

Could be on the wrong dose cause me to go from a normal TSH to an elevated one in 2 weeks?

Could this negatively impact my baby in anyway (e.g. brain development?)

Thanks!

Lora

Dont panic. Should be fine and your child should still have a shot at 1600 SAT score (or 2400 given new scoring system). TSH prob will not have changed that much in only 2 weeks and it isnt as if you were not taking any Synthroid.

We usually increase thyroid med dose by 30% in pregnancy in any case.

Good luck

DrG
    [IMG]file:///Users/johndavidgordon/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]www.100infertilityquestions@blogspot.com

Thank you!

I had my TSH tested and all is well. My TSH increased from .78 (while on the right dose) to 1.8 (while on the lower dose for 2 weeks) so I'm still within the normal range. I'm back on the correct dose now.

Quick question though, I was on the correct dose of levoxyl for 2 days prior to the re-test last night. Two days on the correct dose wouldn't have lowered the level, right?

Also, could testing in the evening v. morning impact levels?

Sounds like you are just fine. Takes more than 2 days for TSH level to adjust. Good luck.

DrG
    www.100infertilityquestions@blogspot.com

Thank you! That's what I thought!

What about testing in the evening around 5pm? Does that make a difference?

Nah