Thread: Hey, is anyone following the Stevens trial?

jvirginia is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hey, is anyone following the Stevens trial?

OMG what a farce. It is kind of entertaining, but I feel horrible for his poor wife, having to get on the stand and explain why she never paid for renovations done to their house, and how these companies “forced” them to take furniture that they didn’t want, and how to the extent that she failed to pay for anything it wasn’t her husband’s fault. Talk about throwing someone under the bus! That said, I don't have any sympathy for Stevens at all. talk about a sense of entitlement!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101603616.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...?tid=informbox

Kim of VA is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default It sounds entertaining!

Wow! It's hard to believe the defense of "I didn't know who was billing us for what" and "I didn't want any of it" is going to work. O-U-C-H!

I wonder how it's going down in Alaska... SueW?

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default the view of Stevens from Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Kim of VA View Post
    Wow! It's hard to believe the defense of "I didn't know who was billing us for what" and "I didn't want any of it" is going to work. O-U-C-H!

I wonder how it's going down in Alaska... SueW?
    well this is just my opinion, but from the local press it seems that the prosecution in this case has been pretty much like the five stooges are running it. Evidence has been withheld, and the case isn't clear-cut at all. I suspect we may end up with a hung jury. But I really don't know. It is kind of sad to see Stevens in this spot given that he has basically dedicated his entire life to this state. That said, if he is guilty he certainly should be held accountable for his crime.

The FBI's corruption investigation in this state has been extensive and it isn't over yet. Ted Stevens son, Ben Stevens is probably the next big fish to fry. And it won't be over trivial matters.

It is pathetic that so many of our elected officials are on the take, and that their price is so low. I don't know if this is specific to Alaska, or just business as usual for politicians everywhere. I hope what comes out of that all of this is change for the good.

What I'm really wondering about is whether Sarah gets to keep the clothes?

Sue