Thread: How old is too old for a doll/barbie house?

Default How old is too old for a doll/barbie house?

My dd is in second grade and has wanted a doll house for over a year now. When she was younger, she really wasn't in to dolls, girlie things. This is relatively new for her. Soooo her two big item wishes for Santa are a Nintendo DS or a barbie three story house. I kinda feel she will outgrow the barbies soon. What do you think?

Thanks!

Kathie

Syd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I don't think you ever out grow them..m

You either like them or not. I was at an estate and this woman had a room dedicated to only doll house it was actually a small town of them.

Anita

Default I was 10 when I began

my transition out of barbies. which was most of my 5th grade year. My friends were all the same too.

Biscuit is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

My 2nd Grader still plays with her FP Little People sets and won't let me throw them away... She has a doll house for older girls and plays with that too. I think it is all so individual and every child is different. If she wants a doll house and you think the cost is reasonable, why not get it for her?

I'd let YOUR child be the guide and not anyone else's.

Default 7 and 5 year olds here (m)

The seven year old is in 2nd grade--both she and her sister (5) still play with babies and dolls almost everyday. They have a doll house that is not used all the time--but it comes in handy for lots of their games (even when it only involved horses!). I don't see it being left behind soon, but who knows. (the second grader does want an American Girl doll for x-mas, so maybe the other dolls will be on the way out).

allie

Default Thanks! I agree that it is

an individual decision, but money is tighter this year. We want to make good choices, as she won't get as much. I liked barbies alot when I was younger. I think until about age 10.

I guess we'll see. I just wanted some perspective. Thanks for those who took the time to respond to my silly question.

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by peasx2 View Post
    The seven year old is in 2nd grade--both she and her sister (5) still play with babies and dolls almost everyday. They have a doll house that is not used all the time--but it comes in handy for lots of their games (even when it only involved horses!). I don't see it being left behind soon, but who knows. (the second grader does want an American Girl doll for x-mas, so maybe the other dolls will be on the way out).

allie