Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now McCain

June2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Oh that's right. Both McCain and Obama had some good jokes.

dulaney is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I watched it

and it is funny that they are willing to go on there and poke fun of themselves. However, I think some of it was lost on me because I have never watched QVC.

But, I wonder what some of these celebrities really think (and if their feelings get hurt) to get made fun of. I also watched The View clip and he had those ladies pegged, but I wonder if they don't realize that that is exactly how they come off on TV.

Kristin

jknyc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    is funny!

"What are you doing over there Sarah?"
    Was there a funnier skit with him than the QVC one? I thought it felt tired. I didn't fine Tina Fey funny either. Or maybe it's election fatigue.

Jeannie is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I think it's election fatigue. I wasn't disposed to like it but it really made me laugh. Fey is so funny, sometimes in very subtle ways; like when McCain was talking about what an expensive campaign it was and Fey just fingered the colllar of her jacket and looked a little bit guilty. McCain seemed to be relaxed and having a great time. I think that's part of what made it enjoyable. He was really doing the skit, not just standing there being the foil like Palin did. The Weekend Update bit wasn't nearly as funny but it had a couple of chuckle worthy lines.

I think McCain helped himself a lot by doing SNL. It actually worries me! LOL It had a huge audience and it gets replayed on the internet everywhere. I think for a lot of people was nice to see him not being angry and not complaining for once.

Speaking of McCain's image and how they sell it, (I guess I am allowed to hijack my own thread) did anyone see McCain's recent ad where he plays up the POW thing and there a lot of pictures of him from when he came home? I think he needs to fire his ad people. I get what they were trying to do. But when you immediately cut from a picture of a young dashing soldier to a shot of hunched elderly man with a disfigured face, it's really jarring. I am not saying this to be mean. I just felt like the ad wound up highlighting McCain's age and health in a way they surely did not intend.

Jeannie is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

go on youtube and watch a couple of Obermann's rants. You'll get it then.

jordansmom is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by jknyc View Post
    Was there a funnier skit with him than the QVC one? I thought it felt tired. I didn't fine Tina Fey funny either. Or maybe it's election fatigue.
    I thought it was one of the least funny of all her routines. I think she could have done a lot more but they had to temper it with McCain being on the show. I was bummed ,lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2