Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Obama's grandmother died....

nmcd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I heard this morning that she voted early for him with an absentee ballot. Which, of course made me disolve into a heap of sentimental weeping mush. How great is that?

Pleaky is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Aww

Quote Originally Posted by nmcd View Post
    I heard this morning that she voted early for him with an absentee ballot. Which, of course made me disolve into a heap of sentimental weeping mush. How great is that?
    That's such a nice thing to know. Good for you, Grandma

Pleaky

maryellen is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by nmcd View Post
    Oh goodness.

What an emotional day this is going to be for him. I watched Obama's rally in VA last night and he really looked like he had been crying.

As for the absentee ballot... if you vote absentee and then pass away before election day, does your vote still count? We were discussing this at work and nobody knew the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by maryellen View Post
    As for the absentee ballot... if you vote absentee and then pass away before election day, does your vote still count? We were discussing this at work and nobody knew the answer.
    I'm pretty sure it would still count. So many people vote absentee, and there would be no way of knowing if someone died before election day. (Not to mention that there is early voting, so not all voting takes place on election day anyway.)

I saw the clip of Obama crying, too. This must be a very emotional time for him, I'm sure. I have to say I was kind of glad to see that from him. He comes across as very dispassionate to me (which I know is a plus for some), so even though it was for such a sad reason, I was glad to see the emotion from him.

maryellen is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia1 View Post
    I have to say I was kind of glad to see that from him. He comes across as very dispassionate to me (which I know is a plus for some), so even though it was for such a sad reason, I was glad to see the emotion from him.

I find that surprising. I see him as very passionate. It's a sort of strong, controlled passion but it's very evident to me. In fact, I often find myself welling up listening to him speak and others have shared that they do too!

SharonB is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

So sad that she couldn't make it through tonight. I heard yesterday that she was obsessed with watching all the cable channels discussing the presidential race. She must have been incredibly proud of her grandson.

nmcd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would still count. So many people vote absentee, and there would be no way of knowing if someone died before election day. (Not to mention that there is early voting, so not all voting takes place on election day anyway.)

I saw the clip of Obama crying, too. This must be a very emotional time for him, I'm sure. I have to say I was kind of glad to see that from him. He comes across as very dispassionate to me (which I know is a plus for some), so even though it was for such a sad reason, I was glad to see the emotion from him.
    I always think of that old saying, "still waters run deep" when people aren't so demonstrative. It doesn't mean they don't feel the emotion. Sometime is means they feel it even more deeply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2