Thread: High nk cells and mthfr...???

Question High nk cells and mthfr...???

Hi Dr. Coulam,

I have been diagnosed with homozygous C677t gene mutation for MTHFR along with high natural killer cells and PCOS, asthma, Rh- and have had four miscarriages. My doctors in my state say that i should be fine with baby aspirin, folic acid, metformin and IVIG but I have met in person and oneline countless women with MTHFR and almost all of them could not conceive and carry full term without lovenox...what would you recommend? Do you think I need blood thinner?

Thank you!

It would depend on your other thrombophilic risk factors. You should talk with your doctor who knows all of your test results. He/she could advise you the best. Dr. Coulam

thanks! As far I as know...that is the only thrombo factor I have. In that case...is the baby aspirin/folgard enough or would you recommend the blood thinners too? This is our last pregnancy of trying...if we miscarry for the fifth time (this time) we are going to go on to adoption.

It is difficult to give an opinion about specific patient management without benenfit of evaluation and consultation. You should talk with your doctor about any other thrombophilic risk factors you might have. Dr. Coulam