Thread: Made it to one!

Default Made it to one!

[pic w/ sib in post]

My precious Isaac is one today - we made it to one of my biggest breastfeeding goals! What a journey it has been . He still loves to nurse - usually about 4 times/day and once during the night although he is starting to drop this one (okay by me!).

Those who may remember my over-supply saga during his early months - well, after using frozen milk in all of his cereal/oatmeal/sippy cup experiments/while I'm at work (~ 8-12 hrs/week) - we have about 100 ounces left in the freezer - we'll continue to use this in his cup. That was quite the ordeal, but turned out okay in the end!

Isaac loves "real food" especially now that he has 3.75 (almost 4!) teeth . I am just so glad for the strong foundation I was able to give him with nursing.

Anyway, I'm a little emotional today - just reminiscing about the past year and all the treasured times with him, many occuring while nursing him. I nursed my older DS to 14 months, so I'm looking forward to continuing to nurse Isaac into the indefinite future!

Sara and Isaac - one year old today!

(Here are my boys and I on a "Sculpture Walk" in our city's downtown)

Default Congratulations on meeting your goal...m

and your boys are adorable! Before bfing my dd I never imagined the number of emotions tied up with breastfeeding, and the same goes for now with my ds, Jace. Good for you for sticking it out when times were difficult!

Lori & Jace, almost 10 months!

Quote Originally Posted by augie View Post
    [pic w/ sib in post]

My precious Isaac is one today - we made it to one of my biggest breastfeeding goals! What a journey it has been . He still loves to nurse - usually about 4 times/day and once during the night although he is starting to drop this one (okay by me!).

Those who may remember my over-supply saga during his early months - well, after using frozen milk in all of his cereal/oatmeal/sippy cup experiments/while I'm at work (~ 8-12 hrs/week) - we have about 100 ounces left in the freezer - we'll continue to use this in his cup. That was quite the ordeal, but turned out okay in the end!

Isaac loves "real food" especially now that he has 3.75 (almost 4!) teeth . I am just so glad for the strong foundation I was able to give him with nursing.

Anyway, I'm a little emotional today - just reminiscing about the past year and all the treasured times with him, many occuring while nursing him. I nursed my older DS to 14 months, so I'm looking forward to continuing to nurse Isaac into the indefinite future!

Sara and Isaac - one year old today!

(Here are my boys and I on a "Sculpture Walk" in our city's downtown)

Yay, what a great milestone! Congrats to you and that sweet lil' guy. Your boys are so adorable! What a great picture of you guys!

Kelly
    Nathan, 16 months, and still loving to nurse!

Congratulations! It's a great feeling knowing that you did that for both of them. Keep on enjoying it. Time flies so fast. My oldest ds is 15 and I remember nursing him so vividly. I know he doesn't remember anything about it but that's ok. I know what it took for me to do that for him.

Paula

Congratulations! What a great milestone you have achieved. I hope you are able to continue nursing as long as both of you want to.

Cordelia

Dani is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Happy Birthday, Isaac!

And congratulations, Sara. It's a wonderful, emotional milestone that loved ones IRL often don't appreciate. I'm glad you could share it here.

What a great pic. A beautiful family!

Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    And congratulations, Sara. It's a wonderful, emotional milestone that loved ones IRL often don't appreciate. I'm glad you could share it here.

What a great pic. A beautiful family!

Danielle
    You are so right - DH was the only one who commented about nursing him to a year. Thanks for sharing in my sense of accomplishment - you gals know what it's all about and all the hard work.

Thank you

Sara

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Congrats on 1 year and more... Still nursing 3 yr old Twin DD for naps/Bedtime

here Gail