Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can I share one of life's little ironies? (pg ment)

ybab is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Can I share one of life's little ironies? (pg ment)

O.k. - where else can I find a group of people who can understand how completely ridiculous this situation is? I just found out that I'm pg. FIVE YEARS WITH NO BC after our twins were born and...nothing. So it took us SEVEN years, 3 IUIs, uterine surgery, 3 IVFs, and two m/cs to conceive our baby girl - who was born in January of this year. I can count on ONE HAND (or more specifically THREE FINGERS OF ONE HAND) the number of times we've...tempted fate. I just picked up my prescription for BC this week. I turned 40 this year. I'm still nursing, my DD is 9 m, and with our history (male factor, advanced maternal age, etc) - seriously - it just didn't seem like a huge risk.

I just can't believe it. I feel so embarrassed and upset with myself for not taking more precautions. Things are still very early so who knows what is going to happen. But good grief! Ironically, I just joined WW last Friday b/c my postpartum weightloss had suddenly stopped. If you can understand, even a tiny bit, why I wasn't too concerned about BC - please send some hugs my way. I'm going to need them - whatever happens next. @@@@@@@@@@@
    Last edited by Doe; 11-13-2008 at 09:45 AM.

WasTarin is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh my!

I don't know what to say... except you are certainly right that it's pretty ironic... two sets of twins (even if one set is Irish twins).

Happiness for you all.

Default Hugs...m

Quote Originally Posted by ybab View Post
    O.k. - where else can I find a group of people who can understand how completely ridiculous this situation is? I just found out that I'm pg. FIVE YEARS WITH NO BC after our twins were born and...nothing. So it took us SEVEN years, 3 IUIs, uterine surgery, 3 IVFs, and two m/cs to conceive our baby girl - who was born in January of this year. I can count on ONE HAND (or more specifically THREE FINGERS OF ONE HAND) the number of times we've...tempted fate. I just picked up my prescription for BC this week. I turned 40 this year. I'm still nursing, my DD is 9 m, and with our history (male factor, advanced maternal age, etc) - seriously - it just didn't seem like a huge risk.

I just can't believe it. I feel so embarrassed and upset with myself for not taking more precautions. Things are still very early so who knows what is going to happen. But good grief! Ironically, I just joined WW last Friday b/c my postpartum weightloss had suddenly stopped. If you can understand, even a tiny bit, why I wasn't too concerned about BC - please send some hugs my way. I'm going to need them - whatever happens next. @@@@@@@@@@@
    I can understand...we don't use anything for BC ( haven't in 15 years ) my tubes are blocked, blah, blah, blah...I would be shocked to find such news as well.

Hmmmmm, goes to show you can never be too sure of anything.

Hang in there,

Amy

freddy is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Its a sensitive subject on a board like this

But I can say, been there, done that, got the onesies unpacked.

It was one time when I felt truly alone, as nobody IRL could understand, and yet discussing the emotions involved on an IF board just wasn't a good fit. However, I realized that there are many on inciid who have lived through that irony. The truth of the matter is that IF only works as a method of BC if you are actually trying to get pg.

Congrats to you, and don't feel guilty about your emotions.

SharonB is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Don't be embarrassed and upset. Why in the world would you think there was even a remote possibility of it happening?

Our situation was somewhat similar - oldest ds was conceived after a ruptured ectopic, 2 laps to clean up adhesions, 4 IUIs, and 2 IVFs. We did another IVF when he was 18 months and had twins. If we had gotten pregnant naturally after all of that, I would have passed out!

Life sure can throw us curveballs sometimes, can't it!

Hope all goes well for you.

Sharon

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I totally understand. Congrats and try to enjoy this big surprise. My dd was conceived when my adopted twins were 3 months old. Never ever thought I could get pregnant. Went through h&ll and eventually adopted. Who would have guessed that my uterine scarring would heal at that time, and because of new meds I was shocking ovulating for the first time in my life without all the drugs. My dd's name is Faith and it fits her perfectly. Because once I got over the shock of being pregnant, I then had to pray for 9 months to actually stay inside me and not lose her at 22 weeks like I did with my older twins.

Many hugs,
    karen

Default wow...

isn't that totally the way life works? I can certainly understand why you would have thought you weren't really tempting fate.

congrats...I hope it goes well for you.

Default I never thought I would EVER say this but...

Better You than ME... LOLOL!! I truely packed up my IF feelings and neatly tucked them away after we adopted our ds Jack 7 years ago. Briefly felt bad for not being able to add a sib, but hey at 43 it is not a place I want to be anymore.

Congrats to you on this little miracle. It will all work out.

lise

jknyc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

It is ironic, but unless you don't have tubes and/or a uterus, there is always a chance, right? Hope it works out however you would like it to.

ybab is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    It was one time when I felt truly alone, as nobody IRL could understand, and yet discussing the emotions involved on an IF board just wasn't a good fit.
    Yes, that's a good way to put it. And I really hope I haven't upset anyone by posting about it . It's only ironic b/c of my IF struggles, and I don't know anyone around me who has experienced infertility, so that's why I turned to you guys here.

Another irony is that I just sold off the last of our newborn equipment on craigslist - someone just carted off the swing and the bouncy seat yesterday. I brought the clothes, stroller and infant carseat to a neighbor last week. I gave her the maternity clothes a few months ago. It's all gone. Ugh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast