Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can I share one of life's little ironies? (pg ment)

ybab is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlc View Post
    I totally understand. Congrats and try to enjoy this big surprise. My dd was conceived when my adopted twins were 3 months old. Never ever thought I could get pregnant. Went through h&ll and eventually adopted. Who would have guessed that my uterine scarring would heal at that time, and because of new meds I was shocking ovulating for the first time in my life without all the drugs. My dd's name is Faith and it fits her perfectly. Because once I got over the shock of being pregnant, I then had to pray for 9 months to actually stay inside me and not lose her at 22 weeks like I did with my older twins.

Many hugs,
    karen
    Oh Karen - I didn't know that. Big hugs to you too . My neighbor also just turned 40 and was in the final stages of adopting a girl when she found out she was pg. Her DH didn't speak to her for three weeks. He didn't want a baby and they were adopting a 2 yr old. They're speaking now, but boy - it was rough for a while.

So glad your pg was successful and you were triply blessed .

PPeanut is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Many hugs to you. ( I edited out the congrats in case you didn't want to be congratulated)

I've been there done that too. Male Factor and PCOS. Doc said "You'll never get pg without us call when you want to do a FET". Those were fateful words.

You know another irony? Now that I absolutely can't get pg again I have normal cycles with all the obvious fertility signs. How I long for those 93 day cycles of my TTC days!

Anyway, good luck! I hope all works out well and don't feel guilty. I actually lost an IF friend because of my new found fertility. It hurt so much, but what could I do? I knew she was hurting too so I tried to understand. sorry, didn't mean to hijack.

Here is a song for you. I sing it every time I O.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ng9iooXUxQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ng9iooXUxQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ng9iooXUxQ

freddy is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by ybab View Post
    Yes, that's a good way to put it. And I really hope I haven't upset anyone by posting about it . It's only ironic b/c of my IF struggles, and I don't know anyone around me who has experienced infertility, so that's why I turned to you guys here.

Another irony is that I just sold off the last of our newborn equipment on craigslist - someone just carted off the swing and the bouncy seat yesterday. I brought the clothes, stroller and infant carseat to a neighbor last week. I gave her the maternity clothes a few months ago. It's all gone. Ugh.
    LOL! You just reminded me that I had to cancel several ebay auctions I had just listed when I found out.

We had just started going to a new church, and was attending a women's group that was having its first meeting the night I found out. We were supposed to go around and introduce ourselves and kind of share a little about ourselves, and I tried to talk and just started crying. Then, since I didn't know any of them, and none of them knew anything at all about me, I was in a pickle because if I managed to tell them why I was crying they were going to get the complete wrong idea.

I hadn't used BC in over a decade. And its not like there was much need for it with a colicy baby in the house, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by jknyc View Post
    It is ironic, but unless you don't have tubes and/or a uterus, there is always a chance, right? Hope it works out however you would like it to.
    Well, thankfully DH is now persuaded to move forward with his VS. @@@@ Yes, there was still a chance, which is why I picked up the BC prescription, but with our history - I didn't exactly treat it as an emergency. Now that I'm over the initial shock (and I've stopped crying), I feel comfortable that I'll be able to live with whatever we decide. It's still tough to have to think about.

Awww...thanks. This made me cry. I was singing that song to myself today - trying to find a smile through the tears .

Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    LOL! You just reminded me that I had to cancel several ebay auctions I had just listed when I found out.

We had just started going to a new church, and was attending a women's group that was having its first meeting the night I found out. We were supposed to go around and introduce ourselves and kind of share a little about ourselves, and I tried to talk and just started crying. Then, since I didn't know any of them, and none of them knew anything at all about me, I was in a pickle because if I managed to tell them why I was crying they were going to get the complete wrong idea.

I hadn't used BC in over a decade. And its not like there was much need for it with a colicy baby in the house, ya know?
    Oh - you were so brave to attend that meeting! I was supposed to confirm today for a girls' night out this eve and I couldn't even make the call. I just knew I'd cry. I'm sure all the women at your church understood but that must have been so tough.

Oh my. Oh wow. Oh how I know those mixed feelings. My second was a surprise after having been through it all. And I know only you ladies could really understand what I mean by, "It all".

I remember the feeling of my life's plan being derailed too upon realizing I was pregnant. But that was three years ago and it all worked out beautifully. It will be fine for you too, no matter what you decide to do. I've been part of these boards on and off for so many years now. But one thing I do know is that, aside from being very talented and creative, you are very smart and pragmatic. You will be just fine.

Kelly

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Life has a funny way of sneaking up when you least expect it. HOWEVER, I really do believe that we are always where we're supposed to be and things happen for a reason. If all goes well, in a year, you'll have no idea how you could have ever lived without this newest blessing.

And FWIW, I'm completely and totally envious!
    Val

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default kids, loss ment

Many congratulations. My ds was born when dd was 9.5 after 8+ years of IF tx, a late-term loss, many m/c, and empty arms. Then, when I finally decided to take care of ME, lose some weight, etc etc etc, I got pg with a big surprise. I was almost 40 when he was born. After that ooops, dh got the big snip-o because my body couldn't tolerate another pg (too many dangerous complications).

Good luck to you, and enjoy!
    Ellen

sbdeveney is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

OMGOSH! Well congrats my dear!!!! You have to say this is a pretty funny story! God Bless you!
    Loves,
    S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast