Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Obama: Stunning Break with Last 8 Years (a funny)

jordansmom is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by zody View Post
    I just saw this on Huffpost. It's unbelievable. SP is talking about levity and fun while she's standing in front of a guy chopping heads off of turkeys.

Very weird juxtaposition. Don't watch it if you get queasy easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kjM..._n_145375.html

What I thought was even crueler was how all the turkeys had to watch the beheading.

Pleaky is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh boy

I actually think it was a slow stragulation vs a beheading. Who thought up that device, Dr. Mengele? Jeez - there has to be a more humane way.

SP scares me. Many many people think that her folksy manner is appealing, and like the fact that she isn't intellectually superior to them. If GWB can be President, why not her? I think she is very similar to him, minus the family wealth and Ivy league degrees.

Pleaky

jknyc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I'm more distracted by what looks like a $295 Burberry scarf around her neck. Very, very middle America, down-home, middle-class folks to me.

(Unless it's a cheap knock-off, in which case she's supporting illegal copying in China.)

freddy is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by zody View Post
    I just saw this on Huffpost. It's unbelievable. SP is talking about levity and fun while she's standing in front of a guy chopping heads off of turkeys.

Very weird juxtaposition. Don't watch it if you get queasy easily.
    As I was trying to fall asleep last night I was thinking it must be a hoax or some altered video. Its just that freaking bizarre.

Talking about levity doesn't compare to talking about how its just plain brutal (campaigning) and how she feels empathy for what some other candidates go through (turkey's feet begin to squirm). Then she actually seems to think that perhaps some weirdos will criticize her for this interview, although clearly she cannot seem to fathom what there would be to criticize. But maybe she did it purposefully for the publicity operating under the 'all publicity is good publicity' theory. Its truly more bizarre than her famous couric answer.

Hollie_B is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Good heavens. If that's the best the GOP has to offer in 2012 than help us all. It's not even the turkey issue that bothers me as much as her speaking pattern.

nmcd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by jordansmom View Post
    What I thought was even crueler was how all the turkeys had to watch the beheading.

Or worse, had to listen to her babble inanely and so forth being that they were turkeys in that position of hearing. Ya know?

PS the could have been worse, they could have been running around without their heads. That really happens. My mother has seen it.

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I like the high heels, short skirt in a TURKEY PEN!

Quote Originally Posted by jknyc View Post
    I'm more distracted by what looks like a $295 Burberry scarf around her neck. Very, very middle America, down-home, middle-class folks to me.

(Unless it's a cheap knock-off, in which case she's supporting illegal copying in China.)
    I believe it is Burberry (could be from a consignment shop though), but the funniest part to me is when she goes into the turkey pen, into thick turkey ************ and loudly gobbling turkeys - in her high heels, hose and short skirt!

And when she's reading the pardon proclamation, there is a part where she claims to be the protector of creatures large and small. While reading that part, she smirks, chuckles and elbows the turkey wrangler har!. For someone who hunts, supports aerial wolf and bear shooting, and has opposed listing the polar bear and beluga whale under the endangered species act over the objections of state and federal biologists, she's clearly no protector of any animal, large or small.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2