Thread: fish oil/vitamin e

Default fish oil/vitamin e

I haven't had immune testing done yet but I was concerned about the possibility of NK cell activity so before this cycle I started on fish oil/vitamin e. This was the only cycle that I actually got pregnant, but there was no h/b on the u/s at 7w5d and the baby was only measuring 6w. I stopped the vitamin e early on because I wasn't sure if it was safe during pregnancy.

Any suggestions on what to take for my next cycle? I know fish oil is safe to continue if you have a + preg test but is vitamin e? If I do get another +, should I continue the vitamin e (400iu) regimine as well or stop immediately? Anything else I can try?

Thanks.

It is difficult to give advice about management for specific patienets without benenfit of evaluation and consultation. But, vitamin E is safe during pregnancy depending on the dose. If you are taking the recommended dose, this should be fine. Dr. Coulam

I was taking 400 IU (one pill) but that was above whatever was in my prenatal vitamin.

That should be fine. Dr. Coulam

What dose of fish oil is recommended for elevated NK cells?
    My NK numbers were taken almost two years ago, before my pregnancy with my son, at Millenova. They were NK Activity 50:1 = 13.5% and cd56+/16+ = 12.5%.

I would like to do all I can naturally to settle them down.

THANK YOU!

I dont know of any studies that have looked at dose-response of fish oil to decreases NK cells. Dr. Coulam