Thread: update on Holt's potty training...

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default update on Holt's potty training...

This has not been a good week, he has only urinated in the potty 1x since Monday. Yes, just 1x.

I heart Holt waking up so wish me luck. I am going to have to break out the motivators-lollipop, balloon to see if he will try. He bites, kicks, runs and screams "NO potty dumb" when I attempt to get him in the bathroom.

Last night he smeared his feces something he has not done in awhile. I am backing off #2 training but he has to urinate in the potty. I am not liking the fact that our couch is ruined now, and our carpet stained but I refuse to go back to pull-ups during the days.

Off to try.....

Default Wendy...

Big Hugs from me to you. I totally understand your frustrations! Our carpet is ruined. DH keeps telling me to forget about the carpet it is replaceable! I have no idea what to tell you to do. I know you have tried so many things. I just wanted to offer support and tell you how sorry I am that this is hard for you right now! I am sure this is not what you want to hear but hopefully it will just click for Holt one day and he will surprise you. I have hope that he will do it. It is hard to be patient especially when you have strong motivators to get him trained (school, etc)

Hugs
    Jen

In the scheme of things it is not such a big deal. It is such a power struggle though and that is what is getting to me. Today, pull-up off at 7:10 no peeing in the potty til 11:10 and nothing since He has great bladder control but holding it for 4-5 hours is not good-figures the grandson of a Urologist and nephew of an Urologist has problems peeing. He says "it is dumb", "I did"-which can mean 5 hours ago or yesterday. Lately he says "it is broke"

What would someone else do- raise the and put him back in pullups or go through weeks of this?

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Don't give in and go back to pullups. I don't think you will ever get him off them if you do. I would just keep trying.

I have found with my kids they never want to go or say they went so I just ask them to try. That helps them.

Is there anything coming up that he is looking forward to, like camp, but he needs to be trained for?

KAREN~thanks for your support. I will hang he did go potty 4x yesterday. I have concerns that he is holding his urine for 5 hours at a time during the day until close to dinner. My father told me to spank him, ugh not the advice I was asking for

I keep telling him he cannot play at a friend's house until he pees in the potty.

Default ITA with Karen...Don't go back to pull-ups...

you'll be sending a mixed message to Holt. I just prod through it daily with Ian. I clean up accidents daily. No, it is not fun but I hold out the hope that it will get better with each day. Again, no real answers but sending you hugs and patience.

Jen