Thread: Started Tenex for Jacob's ADHD yesterday

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Started Tenex for Jacob's ADHD yesterday

I gave him his first dose yesterday and the second at bedtime tonight. He definitely slept like a log last night and didn't seem the worse for wear in the morning. We were worried that he would be still tired from the medication. But I also didn't see any changes in him.

I don't think we will until at least week 3 when we get to the initial full trial dose.

So crossing my fingers.
    karen

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Hugs Karen! Hope it works for him!

N

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Good luck Karen

I'm thinking of you guys and hoping you see the relief you are looking for!

I hope so. It can take 3 weeks just to get to the trial dose. Now I'm on the hunt to find somewhere to get his blood pressure taken every friday for 8 weeks. The regular peds office said I would have to schedule a sick visit each time and pay a copay just to take his blood pressure.

karen

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

some of the pharmacies can check his blood pressure, maybe call around? Also, I remember when I went to massage school, we had to learn how to take blood pressure. Can any of his service providers help with that?

I can't believe the pedi's won't help you out with just scheduling a nursing visit...maybe you can have a visiting nurse do it? Call some of the local visiting nurse agencies, maybe you can stop in or they can come to your home? Most likely you'd only need a prescription from the pedi.

HTH! N

hum... visiting nurses never thought of that. That could be more than my co-pay though. I just called CVS pharamacy. They said it can be done in their minute clinic but I have to call in the morning to find out the price. Even if its the same as the co-pay at least I won't have to schedule an appt.

I am actually hoping the school nurse can do it but the clinic aide at the school didn't think she could. I asked the teacher to find out for me. The peds is sending me a prescription in the mail.

thanks nancy. Now go to bed. i am going to drag myself away from this lovely space heater next to me, ignore the dishes that dh didn't do while I was out this evening and go to bed.

karen

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

My parents just bought an automatic blood pressure checker at the pharmacy. I think it was about ?? $35 and it takes batteries and works great and is right on.

Angi

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlc View Post
    I hope so. It can take 3 weeks just to get to the trial dose. Now I'm on the hunt to find somewhere to get his blood pressure taken every friday for 8 weeks. The regular peds office said I would have to schedule a sick visit each time and pay a copay just to take his blood pressure.

karen
    I can't believe they didn't send you home with a monitor! I hope you find a cheaper and more convenient solution! I like the suggestion of buying one if there is one that will fit his little arm. Maybe there is a medical supply store where you can rent one?

s
    Last edited by sugarsue; 01-31-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added another idea